Editor's Note: Back to the Drawing Board

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Back to the Drawing Board

A look at the animation and art styles of our favorite games.

Read Full Article

craddoke

Mar 18, 2010
Everyday is Saturday - as a father of three, I find this to be absolutely true. Between Netflix, On Demand, Cartoon Network, 5 or six versions of Disney and Nickelodeon, it's impossible to even explain to my kids a world in which cartoons were a once-a-week phenomenon.

Case in point: My youngest daughter (2) loves Dora, available via Netflix on our Xbox. Occasionally, we get sick of it and tell her Dora is not on now. She doesn't accept this answer because she literally has no concept of a show being unavailable.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
Oh, how I remember the days of Saturday Morning Cartoons, mornings waisted by watching cartoons about nothing, how I miss it...

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
When I got to the 80's, they also showed Cartoons after school. I remember He-Man, The Thundercats, Voltron... It was good times in Cartoon Land. I also remember watching Star Blazers, Battle of the Planets (my biggest memories being entranced with Jason- he was HOT, even to my barely 12 year old self). I tend to remember the more mature morning cartoons, Like Blackstar, Zorro and Tarzan. I never watched Snorks, although I did watch the Smurfs, and wasn't impressed.

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
Russ Pitts said:

Read Full Article
You just have to make it magical. Keep it magical, which may mean enjoying all the we have available in moderation.

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Russ Pitts said:

Read Full Article
You can say what you will, I still love my Saturdays. It is still the only day I can relax from an exhausting week. And yes, I like to sleep late as well.

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
Ahh Saturdays... I remember those, Pokemon and Digimon wore the highlights of the week and the early mornings would always wake my parents up. But, even if those days wore lovely I can't say that i miss them. we're pretty much the same, I never leave bed before 10.00 and... well, that's about it.

jezcentral

Nov 6, 2007
Firestar was first well-endowed, spandex-clad woman (albeit animated) on television? Surely Wonderwoman was first? (Lynda Carter or Superfriends, take your pick).