New Kingdom Hearts Coming to E3

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
New Kingdom Hearts Coming to E3

There will be two Kingdom Hearts titles announced this year, and one of them will be making its debut appearance at next week's E3 - but neither of them will be Kingdom Hearts III.

In the latest issue of Game Informer, there's an interview with Square-Enix's High Summoner of Strange Fashion, Tetsuya Nomura, about the upcoming Western release of his Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep for the PSP. While Birth By Sleep is the main crux of the piece, Nomura also elaborated on his upcoming projects, like the long-dormant Final Fantasy Versus XIII (which may or may not be at E3 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/98385-Final-Fantasy-Versus-XIII-Might-Be-an-E3-No-Show]) and the future of the Kingdom Hearts series.

Regarding the existence of Kingdom Hearts III, Nomura denied ever confirming to Ultimania that the title was in development. However, not all is lost, Kingdom Hearts fans: According to Nomura, there are two new Kingdom Hearts games "other than III" that will be revealed this year.

Nomura confirmed to GI that one of the new titles would be announced at next week's E3. It's possible that the new reveal will be Kingdom Hearts: Recoded, which was accidentally "announced" by actor Phil Snyder, set to voice Jiminy Cricket [http://web.mac.com/phoolholy/iWeb/philsnyder.net/Jiminy%20Cricket%20%20.html]. However, given that Recoded is probably, by the sounds of it, a remake of Japan-only mobile game Kingdom Hearts: Coded ... that wouldn't be a very exciting E3 announcement, would it?

Nomura said the project that would be making its debut at E3 was born out of a desire to "do something for the North American fans," which means that announcing a remake of a cell phone game would be hugely underwhelming.

As for Versus XIII? Development is still proceeding smoothly "one step at a time," said Nomura, and that he "plans to showcase the title at a certain point."

Next week would be a pretty damn convenient certain point, Nomura-san. Just saying.

(Via The Examiner [http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-6894-Video-Game-News-Examiner~y2010m6d6-Nomura-on-Final-Fantasy-Versus-XIII-and-the-future-of-the-Kingdom-Hearts-series])

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
How can I describe my feelings? How can I a 16 year old boy describe his feelings without a fangirl squeal?

He can't.

*SSSQQUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEE*

Calumon: I don't speak dolphin.

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
GOD DAMMIT JUST GIVE US THREE OR I SWEAR TO GOD-

Alright, whew! Got it out of my system before I really said something bad. Day when 3 comes out is day I buy Ps3

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I wouldn't be surprised if it was ReCoded, seeing as bringing a game that's been in Japan for a year and a half to North America could easily be described as "Doing something for North American fans"

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Deofuta said:
GOD DAMMIT JUST GIVE US THREE OR I SWEAR TO GOD-

Alright, whew! Got it out of my system before I really said something bad. Day when 3 comes out is day I buy Ps3
The day Nomura gives us KH3 will be the day God decides it's time for judgement.

Seriously, as much as I love Kingdom Hearts, I can't put up with this forever. I've already forked out for a PSP, Nomura is just making me Sony's ***** now...

Nylis

May 5, 2010
PLEASE be KH3! That's all we want, none of these spinoffs!

Not saying that they were all horrible, ( I personally didn't care for the chain of memories, since I can't stand anything that even remotely resembles a card battle game.) but come on.

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
There is nothing I can think of to say about this that doesn't involve excessive amounts of cursing.

carlbarker

Jun 8, 2010
x -- A L P H A prime said:
carlbarker said:
w@rew0lf said:
Nomura is dead to me until I get my KH III confirmation.
Hahahah I hear you, man.
Hahah I'm here with you too. I'm sick of hearing about a New KH and not having it be III. When three is announced i'll run around the streets naked
Dude, gimme a when and where! :D Oh...well, we don't need a when hahaha.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
This may be my chance to try these games. I always thought these games looked cheesy and bad? Why is it a lot of people like these games? Just wondering so i can see if i can try them out.

carlbarker

Jun 8, 2010
Rodyle2 said:
I liked 1 and 2 and LOVED Chain of Memories, but holy shit Days was just boring boring BORING. If Birth By Sleep doesn't blow me away, I'm dropping this series.

As for Versus 13, I'd like him to take as long as he needs to. If the end result is an awesome Cold War FF with refined KH combat then by god I don't care how long I have to wait.
BBS will blow your mind, sir. I've played it already :)

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
Deofuta said:
The day when KH3 comes out is day I buy a Ps3.
Same with me, but with all the spin offs I'm seeing, I doubt I'll have any idea what's going on anymore.

Ehra

Mar 19, 2010
Chicago Ted said:
Deofuta said:
Same with me, but with all the spin offs I'm seeing, I doubt I'll have any idea what's going on anymore.
I haven't played Birth By Sleep (obviously), but you absolutely do not need Chain of Memories or Days to get what's going on. As long as you've played 1 and 2 then you're still good to go.

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
Ehra said:
Chicago Ted said:
Deofuta said:
I haven't played Birth By Sleep (obviously), but you absolutely do not need Chain of Memories or Days to get what's going on. As long as you've played 1 and 2 then you're still good to go.
Ya but it leaves a lot of questions open if you don't. I remember constantly looking at Organization 13 the first time I played KH2 and wondering where the other half of the Organization was.