Question of the Day, June 9, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, June 9, 2010

A long-awaited sequel to DJ Hero is coming in hopes of joining ranks with music game titans like Rock Band and Guitar Hero. When the urge comes to rock out, which game do you reach for?

OmegaXIII

Jun 26, 2009
Gun to my head i'd say Guitar Hero but i don't play them that much.

And a DJ Hero sequel is 'long awaited'? Is that sarcasm?

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
A tough choice between Rock Band and Guitar Hero, but due to the massive amount of DLC available I'd have to go with Rock Band.

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
I'm going to have to go for the other button on this one. I'm not really one to "rock out" like that, and instead would like to shoot things to the music, making my choice Beat Hazard. I used to like Guitar Hero, but I've lost interest. It's not due to any developer thing. It was just me.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
I actually prefer Singstar. I've always enjoyed karaoke, whereas the only Rock Band instrument that has ever interested me much is the drums. And that's only because I want to learn the real drums anyway...

MrMisfit

Apr 8, 2008
My fav music game is Gitaroo-Man. It's visually trippy, the song kick all kinds of ass, and it's a lot of fun.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
neat GH in the lead! wonder if it'll keep it :p

but yes i like GH soundtrack overall over RB.

(that came with the disc)

Melias

Jun 9, 2010
Only really got into Guitar Hero so i choose that by default.
As 'Magnatek' said i prefer shooting to music...

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Guitar Hero may be the first, but Rock Band perfected the art. And of course the Beatles version kicked so much ass!

ItsAPaul

Mar 4, 2009
Rock Band over Guitar Hero because they never messed up their games as Activision inevitably does by releasing way too many games with way too little innovation between them.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
Rock Band. I've always preferred how the game felt, and I think it has more songs that I like. The addition of keyboard in the next game will be interesting as well.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
None of the above. Instead, I vote Tap Tap Revenge 3. It's a near-perfect little iPhone game, and easily the best game on it in my opinion.

EnigmaHarper

Jul 22, 2009
I had to go with other because of Karaoke Revolution. I am a singer and, as much as I love the singing bits in Rock Band, it is really hard to sound good singing a rock song. I'm a soprano so it's either gravel out trying to hit the notes at the bottom of my range, or sing everything up an octave and blast everyone out of the room. It's a real dilemma.

TheBlackKnight

ESEY on the Kross
Nov 3, 2008
I stand united with my Audiosurf brothers.

And I am very disappointed not to see it in the list.