Rock Band 3 Will Have Pro Modes and Real Guitars

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Rock Band 3 Will Have Pro Modes and Real Guitars

Rock Band 3's pro mode will finally put the argument over guitar games vs. real guitars to rest.

Rock Band 3 will help you learn to play the guitar, or at least, its pro mode will. Pro mode throws out the five colored buttons of the previous games and adds on-screen prompts that are much closer to standard musical notation. This will go hand in hand with new guitar controllers that will actually have strings to strum. There will also be new cymbals for drummers to master, and harmonies for vocalists.

The game's regular mode is getting an update too. Aside from adding keyboards to the mix, Rock Band 3 will let seven people play at the same time, and includes a system where players can drop in and out of songs without bringing the overall performance to a screeching halt.

It also has Bohemian Rhapsody [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5VpclLWsfM#t=2m05s] in it.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/rock-band-3-has-real-guitar-pro-mode]

xHipaboo420x

Apr 22, 2009
Harmonies for vocalists, more complex drums, guitars close to real life, Bo Rhap... awesome.

Of course, it begs the question of why I'll pay for what I can do for free, but it's looking pretty good!

[small]i still won't buy it though[/small]

Also, I read that the Rock Band 3 keyboard is a fully-functioning MIDI controller, which would be just swell if true.

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
Hmm. I wonder whether playing the game really will help you to learn guitar...

The Piano looks... Well interesting to say the least.

But Bohemian Rhapsody, that's awesome, so everyone wins really =)

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
SO THAT'S THEIR PLAN!

This whole gaming thing has been a long charade to get kids to form REAL bands!

veeery clever, mr. Rock Band, veeeeeeery clever

>_>
<_<

Rarhnor

Jun 2, 2010
i always did find Rockband a bit too "arcadey". Cool to see that they inverted their principle.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Let's face it: if anything can bring the rotting music-videogame corpse back to life, it's this.

One big MASSIVE problem though: how much is that monster going to cost?

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Rock Band and Guitar Hero are for drunken arsing around. I don't want too much realism. If you can't play it utterly shitfaced it's too complex.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Oh dear, wouldn't it be a much easier to learn an instrument at this point?

I am a fan of the series but see this new realism to be rather stupid

snow

Jan 14, 2010
7 players at once?! Not everyone owns a movie theater in their living room!!

Edit: Most people are asking if it would be easier just to pick up a real guitar by this point. The way I see it, is it could perhaps make picking up a real guitar a lot easier for most people, depending on how they pull it off however.

Then again, I'm probably one of the few people that actually improved at playing the drumset thanks to rock band.

Jacob.pederson

Jul 25, 2006
Will the "new cymbals" be compatable with existing cymbal addons, such as the Ion Rocker set me wonders. Also, will additional cymbal notes be backwards compatable with the huge current track library? This wouldn't be a huge deal, since the songs allready support hitting the cymbals, they just don't require that you hit them. Since we're on the subject though, will they be adding support for the new instruments into their track backlog? That would be just a nuts amount of work, but the amount of love I would personally pour out on the interwebs would be worth the initial investment ;) I promise.

And just one more thing . . . can we play with two drummers in a band please. Pretty please?

hardcharger

Jan 2, 2010
Can't I just somehow plug my Gibson into my Xbox and Rock Band can teach me to really play the song?

Or should I just keep Googling tabs?

CKalvin

Sep 21, 2009
hardcharger said:
Can't I just somehow plug my Gibson into my Xbox and Rock Band can teach me to really play the song?

Or should I just keep Googling tabs?
I'd pay for that for sure.

Loving the bohemian!