Fight the Decepticons in War For Cybertron Demo

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Fight the Decepticons in War For Cybertron Demo

A multiplayer demo for the upcoming Transformers: War for Cybertron has been released on Xbox Live, giving gamers their first taste of that epic struggle.

If you saw John Funk's hands-on preview [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/7651-Hands-On-Transformers-War-for-Cybertron] of Transformers: War for Cybertron [http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-War-Cybertron-Xbox-360/dp/B0030HIULQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1276191062&sr=8-1] and, like me, desperately wanted to try it for yourself, you're in luck, because a new mulitplayer demo is now available on Xbox Live.

The demo, which features the "Team Deathmatch" and "Conquest" game modes, lets players choose between the soldier and scout classes and customize their equipment, although sadly, not their appearance. You also gain experience and level up as you play, so you get a chance to play around with the special abilities and attacks too.

Unfortunately, not everyone is going to get to play. The demo is only available for Xbox 360, and only those in North America can play it. If you don't fall into both of those categories, you're going to to have to wait.

Transformers: War for Cybertron is released on June 22nd.

Toasty Virus

Somehow I Returned?
Dec 2, 2009
Awesome, I'm pumped for this game.

Gonna give it a download now, I can't wait =D

EDIt: Wait, north america only? That sucks! Why would they do that!

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Read the title and was all like "Downloading downloading downloading!!!", then I saw it's only for XBL.....DAMMIT!!

I want my PC demo you assholes!! Hell there should be a demo for all platforms.

Toasty Virus

Somehow I Returned?
Dec 2, 2009
Are you sure it NA only? I mean...I can download it, unless it just rejects me when I try to play, which would be pretty shit of them.

lumenadducere

May 19, 2008
Awesome news - I'll definitely be downloading and giving it a shot.

...after my behavioral endocrinology final. *cries*

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Xbox...CHECK!

North America...CHECK!

Heck yes time to be a scientist!

Anyone wants to hit me up, [EUG Deofuta 6] all the way!

Kiithid

Aug 12, 2009
Time to mod the xbox of my now best friend.
Now on a serious note, yay the demo era still lives on, looking foward this game.

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
Angry Fist!!!!

Still have to wait for it to come out in stores.

Is it possible to claim racism against Playstations?

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Oh for fuck sake. North America only? WTF.

EDIT: Wait a sec, i'm downloading the demo right now.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Rainboq said:
Flamezdudes said:
I'm in UK, and i'm actually playing the demo right now. It's brilliant!
But will it work?
I said i'm actually playing it, i downloaded it and i'm playing it right now. Sometimes i get disconnected but i got through a whole match. I'm really suprised, i might pick this game up now.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
Flamezdudes said:
Rainboq said:
Flamezdudes said:
I'm in UK, and i'm actually playing the demo right now. It's brilliant!
But will it work?
I said i'm actually playing it, i downloaded it and i'm playing it right now. Sometimes i get disconnected but i got through a whole match. I'm really suprised, i might pick this game up now.
Huh...

[HEADING=1]HEY, LOGAN! YOU MAY WANT TO EDIT![/HEADING]

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
Toasty Virus said:
Awesome, I'm pumped for this game.

Gonna give it a download now, I can't wait =D

EDIt: Wait, north america only? That sucks! Why would they do that!
It's not at all. Me and 5 people from the UK have all downloaded and played it. Logan needs to edit the original post.

Jason Oliver

Jun 13, 2010
Works fine in Australia - have ben playing all night tonight - easily the best of the recent Transformers games - like Gears of War with robots!