Name Game: #3

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Again, personal pick of the bunch. Although I think you're missing an s for the full Team Fortress effect.

Baron_BJ

Tired. Cold. Bored.
Nov 13, 2009
I'm not quite sure I get it, is it that the Wii's are being damaged by them leaping out of their "fort" a lot?

Why is that guy yelling "Maggot"?

Why does that short guy appear to have an extremely large and misshapen version of the Wii gun/rifle/crossbow (or whatever its name is, mine came with a copy of "Link's Archery")? I assume it's to make it seem more like a gun, but that just adds to the issue of it making it appear less and less like it has to do with games.

This is actually a fairly common joke and an interchangeable one at that (hence its popularity), in which a grown men (or maybe a couple more) are hiding in a big fort that they've made out of boxes/pillows/couches/assorted household crap and decorate it like a stereotyped 8-10 year old boy would(eg.Signs that say things like: No Girls Allowed, Cool Kidz Only or a flag made out of undies, pillow cases, etc etc). In fact it seems that the addition of it being set in a games store and using Wii boxes/peripherals is a very loose attempt to tie in the subject of gaming so that it could be used as a webcomic on a gaming site where it otherwise wouldn't/shouldn't be

This is a big statement, so I'll support it by giving one of many, many possible examples, So below is a link (Because I've forgotten how to embed videos on the site) to a version of the joke used on family guy (I'm not saying they created it, I'm not that stupid, I'm well aware that this joke has been used for well over a decade):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwNt1RQLYE0

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Not sure I get it...but, still made me chuckle a little

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Baron_BJ said:
Why does his Wii remote seem to have a light saber periferal when there's no such item, seems to go against the rest of the comic which portrays things as "All imaginary" use of the Wii items.
I'm sorry to say that they do, in fact, exist: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Light-Sword-Twin-Pack-Wii/dp/B00195STBM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1276439813&sr=8-4

Baron_BJ

Tired. Cold. Bored.
Nov 13, 2009
Lukeje said:
Baron_BJ said:
Why does his Wii remote seem to have a light saber periferal when there's no such item, seems to go against the rest of the comic which portrays things as "All imaginary" use of the Wii items.
I'm sorry to say that they do, in fact, exist: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Light-Sword-Twin-Pack-Wii/dp/B00195STBM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1276439813&sr=8-4
Fair call, I'll admit to being wrong there, so I've edited my original post to remove the statement. However I must also say that never in my life have I ever seen one of those peripherals, but it is entirely for show and has no actual benefit, so most places might not stock it for that reason, not to mention the lack of appropriate titles for it to be a completely worthwhile purchase.

EDIT: Just looked at some of the comments made on the products page, and it's just making me laugh, the remote literally stops the Wii from working properly by blocking the remotes signal, Nintendo didn't make these awful pieces of crap, some 3rd party made these abortions, most likely without thinking shit through; so here's a couple of reviews from their "Happy Customers":

They simply don't work!! You can no longer use the Wii handset like a light saber as the wireless signal doesn't get through. Have to resort to using buttons instead - which defeats the object of Wii being an interactive wireless handset.
Do not buy these if you intend to use them with your Wii, they block the sensors on the controller and render it useless for the game. We had to take them off in order to play the game. Complete waste of money.
I'm actually glad I was wrong about their existence, I'm still giggling at these plastic pieces of crap.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Baron_BJ said:
Lukeje said:
Baron_BJ said:
Fair call, I'll admit to being wrong there, so I've edited my original post to remove the statement. However I must also say that never in my life have I ever seen one of those peripherals, but it is entirely for show and has no actual benefit, so most places might not stock it for that reason, not to mention the lack of appropriate titles for it to be a completely worthwhile purchase.
There's also the fact that it makes playing most Wii games completely unplayable as it blocks the sensor on the front...

Apr 28, 2008
HAHA!

Although if you wanted the full TF2 effect, you should have put one or two more girls next to her, so the guy could yell MEGGOTS! And then fire a crit rocket.

Or something. Yeah I've been playing lots of Team Fortress 2...

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Uh-huh. That's unique to say the least. You have rather lost the instant "shock, awe and understanding" That a webcomic should bring across.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
At first I thought this kinda sucked.
But then I thought if this actually happened. If you walk into a room with a big stack of boxes and then BAM! Colleagues.
And then it's funny.

Whoa, a webcomic that made me think... First time for everything, I guess...

C4N4DUCK18

Jun 9, 2010
making fortresses. the only thing a Wii is good for lol. This reminds me of Peter Griffins fort with a sign that said "no Noobs allowed".

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
FreelanceButler said:
At first I thought this kinda sucked.
But then I thought if this actually happened. If you walk into a room with a big stack of boxes and then BAM! Colleagues.
And then it's funny.

Whoa, a webcomic that made me think... First time for everything, I guess...
In other words, the premise was funny, but the comic was not. I'd have to agree. This is by far my favorite Sunday comic on the Escapist, but this particular one was a big miss.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
"Maggot"? I don't get it. I mean, I get the immature, childish, young men building a fortress of Wiis, that's kinda funny. But "Maggot"? I'm confused...