Get Ready to Get Heavy With the LEGO Minigun

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Get Ready to Get Heavy With the LEGO Minigun

Just when you think LEGO [http://www.lego.com/] can't get any cooler, someone comes along and builds an entire arsenal of full-sized and fully-functional replica military weapons that are very likely the coolest things you'll see all day.

Making little toy guns out of LEGO bricks is no big deal. I've done it and if you've owned LEGOs then chances are you have, too. But one of life's cruel truths is that no matter how good you think you are at something, there's always going to be someone who can easily expose you as the talentless hack you really are. And those LEGO guns you made? They're crap.

Behold the work of Mr. Jack Streat, an incredibly talented LEGO gunsmith who's built enough weaponry to knock over a small banana republic, assuming said republic is constructed out of colorful plastic bricks. This post actually began with a video of his bipod-mounted The Obliterator [http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/97142], a two-speed, eight-barrel minigun made out of LEGO with a magazine capacity of 104 rubber bands that fires at up to 25 rounds per second.

Let me repeat that: This is a goddamn LEGO minigun that will fire 25 rubber bands in one single second. If that doesn't give you the urge to affect a thick Slavic accent and start yelling at people, you better check to make sure you've still got a pulse.

I don't even know what else to say. The Lee Enfield was amazing, the AIAW was epic but the Obliterator... well sir, I just thank God he's on our side. Get an eyeful of Streat's entire mind-blowing LEGO gun shop, which includes an M249 SAW, a Steyr AUG, a SPAS 12 shotgun, a Tommy Gun and a whole lot more, at MOCpages.com [http://www.mocpages.com/folder.php/29372].

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I've seen rubber band miniguns before, but never one made of LEGO. That was awesome. LEGO is most definitely brilliant.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
I am Lego Heavy Weapons guy, and THIS is my weapon.

She fires 104 pellets at around 5 seconds...

*Leans forward*

It costed me 10 hours on my life, To make this gun fire, for 12 seconds.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
Mr. Streat, can you please make some directions, and maybe some boxes with the pieces inside? Because I just had the single greatest idea for a sport anyone has ever had.

Enemy Of The State

May 31, 2010
Sir Kemper said:
I am Lego Heavy Weapons guy, and THIS is my weapon.

She fires 104 pellets at around 5 seconds...

*Leans forward*

It costed me 10 hours on my life, To make this gun fire, for 12 seconds.
Oh my God... who touched Sasha?

*Sits up*

WHO TOUCHED MY GUN?

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
Ok, Thats my new weapon for a zombie apocalypse.

Imagine some flicks a rubber band at you, and you just unload on them with THAT.

pure awesome.

Freshman

Jan 8, 2010
I checked out his other stuff too, and i have to give this man the highest props ever. I don't even know what to say, thats how awesome it is

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
EES COWARD KEELING TIME!

I'd love to bring this into school and gun down people (gun down being just really aggravate and cause a crapload of pain)

Kiithid

Aug 12, 2009
It would be fun if he made a portable lego gun, school rubber wars would never be the same.