Final Fantasy IX Lights PSN Crystals June 15th

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Final Fantasy IX Lights PSN Crystals June 15th

If you missed it back in 2000, legendary PS1 JRPG Final Fantasy IX will be hitting the PSN store next Tuesday, June 15th.

In case you've been hiding under a rock, next week is E3: The biggest trade show of the year, and the week where everybody in our industry is looking forward. E3 shows what the future will bring, whether it's right around the corner (this season's games) or new technology like 3D gaming and motion control.

But when we're all looking forward next week, why not take a moment to look backward? Say, back a decade to the year 2000, when confirmed [http://na.square-enix.com/games/FFIX-gamesite/]: FF9 will hit the PSN for both PSP and PS3 owners next Tuesday, June 15th.

If you really want to pick up one of the more fondly beloved entrants in the series, it'll run you $9.99 next week, which is a small price to pay for a game like this. So next week, when we're all looking forward, let's not forget to look back at where we've come from, all right?

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
Will buy.

...and subsequently put on my PSP. So that it has at least one good game.

-m

(That's right, I went there)

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
I was thinking of buying these (7,8,9) from the store. I've only played 13 but I would like to see the rest of the series. Are they worth the money?

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Matt_LRR said:
Will buy.

-m

cold blooded Matt.

I may get it, gotta check my funds and increase my PS3 memory.

Anyone knows how I can do that?

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
DividedUnity said:
I was thinking of buying these (7,8,9) from the store. I've only played 13 but I would like to see the rest of the series. Are they worth the money?
I would say yes. 9 is my personnal favorite.

7 is fun, but don't follow the hype or you'll be dissapointed. 8 is not for everyone. Some find it good while others don't like it.

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
Random Argument Man said:
DividedUnity said:
I would say yes. 9 is my personnal favorite.

7 is fun, but don't follow the hype or you'll be dissapointed. 8 is not for everyone. Some find it good while others don't like it.
I might give 9 a shot then when it comes out. If I like it might download the others.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
Balls, this I would really want to play again but sadly I have no PS3, and like fuck i'm getting one now I have to pay for university.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
I'm not gonna miss a chance to get my favourite of the series...

Once I can afford a PS3 I'll be sure to be out of money to buy this!

But damnit I'll be poor in a determined way!

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Isn't it already out, or is this just the American release date? It must've been released in Europe early as I downloaded the game onto my PSP from the PSN store a week or so ago.

Pink_Pirate

Jul 11, 2009
muhahah thankfully i still have my original release copy of FF9, a bit banged up for wear, but still plays perfectly.

My1stLuvJak

Jan 28, 2010
Dr. wonderful said:
Matt_LRR said:
Will buy.

-m

cold blooded Matt.

I may get it, gotta check my funds and increase my PS3 memory.

Anyone knows how I can do that?
I feel your pain! I'm coming close to my PS3's 80GB (which is really only 74, apparently). I still have some room, but I see a hard drive update in my future. Increasing your PS3 memory is something I can't help you with - to remain worry free, a lot of my downloaded demos and videos had to go, as they were taking up all my space...that's a start.

Nanaki316

Oct 23, 2009
D_987 said:
Isn't it already out, or is this just the American release date? It must've been released in Europe early as I downloaded the game onto my PSP from the PSN store a week or so ago.
This.
I'm in the UK and downloaded my game well over a week ago now, In fact I've almost completed it so I'm guessing it has to mean the American release?

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Final Fantasy IX is already out on PSN...i got it last night and my mate got it a few days before that.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
My dream has finally come true!

FF IX is the best installment in the series, by far.
It's about time!

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
Pink_Pirate said:
muhahah thankfully i still have my original release copy of FF9, a bit banged up for wear, but still plays perfectly.
Yup, so do I. I bought it the day it hit Norwegian shops, and it's been my favourite FF since. It still makes me happy to see it made available to a modern audience, though!

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Why not port pre-FF7 games? Remember those? No? Dam...

Anyway, I think that's Nintendo job.