Question of the Day, June 16, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, June 16, 2010

The big three conferences are over, and whew - what a ride! Sony announced the much-anticipated return of Portal 2 and Twisted Metal; Nintendo gave the audience a hands-on with the new 3DS; and Microsoft sent everyone home with their very own new, shiny Xbox 360 Slim. Which conference impressed you the most? What are you most looking forward to?

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
For production values, I'd vote Microsoft, but because of the number of announcements and new information, I'm voting Nintendo

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Nintendo. I may be a microsoft fanboy, but damn nintendo really did not hold back.

It's almost like Nintendo catered to the casual market, just so this E3 would be even more epic.
:)

Blanks

Mar 17, 2009
Definitely Nintendo... I mean wow... I haven't watch Sony's yet cause no ones posted it yet

Microsoft ... soooooo bad and boring

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
I'm going with Nintendo. The mere fact that Zelda was even mentioned, yet alone shown, is instant win for me. Plus there's all the other really cool new games and the 3DS looks fantastic.
Nintendo killed it.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Yeah Nintedo won hands down. Microsoft had MGS: Rising. Sony had Twisted Metal, and Portal 2 (which I highly doubt it PS3 exclusive). But Nintendo had Zelda, Golden Sun, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Goldeneye, Donkey Kong country, Metroid, and the 3DS with a huge backing from 3rd party developers (MGS, SMT, Kingdom Hearts,ect.). To me the answer is clear.

NOTE: the stuff above is what I'M excited for, not all that was shown.

SonOfIkaros

Oct 6, 2009
Microsoft had the best show going (damn it was amazing), but Nintendo clearly had it going in the gaming department. Sony kinda falls in between, though they did have more interesting things to show than Microsoft. Not enough to beat Nintendo though, they went nuts out there. Nintendo fans must be jumping with joy right now, I know I would be.

AnarchistAbe

The Original RageQuit Rebel
Sep 10, 2009
Congrats to everyone who voted Nintendo...you are part of the problem! Nintendo has a licence to print money, because they are a nostalgia factory that sells you your childhood for $50 a pop.

Has anyone played GoldenEye recently? It sucks. It was great at the time, but it sucks now. I see everybody talking about "How great Nintendo's conference was", but it was absolutely horrid. Zelda, Kirby, Donkey Kong....am I listening to an E3 from the NES days?

Sony, who put on an amazing show with technical innovations and IPs that haven't been around since the early nineties (or earlier), gets almost no hype because all we hear about is "o_O NEW ZELDA!!!1". Screw Nintendo, screw the fanboys, and screw Zelda. Thanks for ruining E3!

ZephrC

Free Cascadia!
Mar 9, 2010
Microsoft was a joke, and Sony only talked about games that I don't care about or that will be multiplatform anyway, so Nintendo wins by default. Not that they didn't earn it. Nintendo was quite impressive.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Nintendo had the most impressive announcements, but Sony's was the most enjoyable to watch for two reasons.

1) Kevin Butler
2) TWISTED METAL IS BACK!!!!

*Ahem*

The 3DS does look pretty sweet though.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Nintendo. The announcements were EVERYWHERE!

And the 3DS, WITH NO GLASSES! THE FUTURE IS HERE!

Sony's was good (Kevin Butler, Valve and Twisted Metal, 'nuff said) and Microsoft was just saying "Sucks if your watching this on the internet. These guys got a console!"

Calumon: Nintendo has Kirby, so... :3

Postema

Mar 11, 2010
Nintendo...anyone says otherwise, they are lying...I watched Sony's conference and they showed off some neat stuff, but the one game I was looking forward to wasn't showed (Vesperia PS3). I haven't seen Microsoft's conference yet...but then again, I'm not exactly a fan of the 360 so there isn't really a point. Nintendo showed me just about everything I wanted, including some things I just plain wasn't expecting, like the new Donkey Kong, Kid Icarus, and most importantly; the 3DS. When that thing was being shown off, I was ready to start saving up money past where it will likely cost for some of it's launch titles (Shin Megami Tensei, Metal Gear Solid, Star Fox, Saints Row, and most of the other games coming out on launch day. Now then, time for me to get off this soapbox and stop acting like a Nintendo fanboy and start watching anime till the next live E3 peeks.

ZephrC

Free Cascadia!
Mar 9, 2010
AnarchistAbe said:
Congrats to everyone who voted Nintendo...you are part of the problem! Nintendo has a licence to print money, because they are a nostalgia factory that sells you your childhood for $50 a pop.

Has anyone played GoldenEye recently? It sucks. It was great at the time, but it sucks now. I see everybody talking about "How great Nintendo's conference was", but it was absolutely horrid. Zelda, Kirby, Donkey Kong....am I listening to an E3 from the NES days?

Sony, who put on an amazing show with technical innovations and IPs that haven't been around since the early nineties (or earlier), gets almost no hype because all we hear about is "o_O NEW ZELDA!!!1". Screw Nintendo, screw the fanboys, and screw Zelda. Thanks for ruining E3!
Wait, you're pissed off that Nintendo is still using old IPs, but you're praising Sony for dredging up old IPs that died off because nobody cared about them anymore?

And what new technology did Sony talk about that Nintendo didn't do first?

Somebody here is a fanboy, but very few people on this site are fanboys of Nintendo. If you haven't noticed by now, they're not very popular here. If the Escapist can mostly agree that Nintendo did a good job, it's because they did.

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
microsoft ws boring, it started well, but the kinect part was too long and boring. sony i didn't see, but i heard that it was nothing special and that they also focussed on the move. and nintendo just showed their balls. they weren't scared. everyone in the room could play zelda (which worked better then the on stage show) and could see the 3ds working.

nintendo had listen to the fans en have many retro games remade. but the line up from the third pary companies for the 3ds. holy shit!!! metal gear solid, proffessor layton, resident evil, street fighter IV and much more. nintendo is finaly a company for core gamers and is still making games for the casuals.

Nincompoop

May 24, 2009
I'd say Sony because of the class-one performance. I mean, Kevin-freaking-Butler!

Also I look forward to Killzone 3.

Addendum; And that 'Sorcery' title looked neat. And, in my opinion, Move totally pwns Kinnect.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
From what I have seen, pyrotecnic wise would be Microsoft...however, for quality. Nintendo

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
Hmm, this is a tough one... We either had that Kinect crap, rehashed franchises and remakes, or move and subscription fees.... yeah, overall I was pretty disappointed. Can't say which one I liked best.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Nintendo, but Sony (surprisingly) wasn?t bad either. I?m guessing they got a completely new marketing department in the past year and it?s about time.

MS was pretty lackluster. Not as bad as Sony?s from last year, but very boring and trite.

But in the end I?m more curious about the 3DS than anything else I saw at the big 3 events. I think it?s going to be about time I upgrade from my DS phat.