E3 2010: Portal 2 Teaser Has Jungle Fever

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
E3 2010: Portal 2 Teaser Has Jungle Fever

Portal's environments were plagued with flat walls and stiff edges, but the sequel is going to add a bit more greenery.

Along with the announcement that Portal 2 would be coming to the PS3 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101384-E3-2010-Valve-Goes-PS3-With-Portal-2], we've got a new teaser trailer for the game. GLaDOS has missed us.

The evil disk operating system is obviously rebuilding her/its current surroundings as best she/it can to torture us... I mean perform science with us again. It seems even worse because she doesn't appear to be confined to a facility this time, and has natural surroundings to make her experiments even more dangerous. Aside from the danger, Portal in an organic setting feels like an incredible idea in motion.

GLaDOS says: "I think we can put our differences behind us, for science, you monster." We really were monsters weren't we, not meeting our demise at her hands. I'm sorry GLaDOS, I'll be right there with you in 2011 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101217-Portal-2-Delayed-to-2011 target=].

Keep track of our E3 2010 coverage here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/conferences/e32010].

Omega V

Apr 21, 2010
all I can say is I WANT THIS GAME!

the trailer has me pretty psyched, to bad I have to wait till 2011

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
Valve. You, [subject name here] must be the pride of [subject home town here] for succeeding in this task. While at first we assumed you failed.

Feb 13, 2008
I'm puzzled. Is GLADos really a disc operating system? Surely Aperture Science would have something far better than a disc.

I mean, I know it says that what it stands for, but a disc?

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I can't say much about the game based on the teaser, but I am really digging that music. Hopefully we can expect some truly mind-bending physics puzzles.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
"I think we can put our differences behind us, for science, you monster."
Looks like they're continue the humour that made Portal so great.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
I've said it before and I'll say it again-

If Valve puts this much greatness into less than a minute of a trailer, I genuinely fear the effect of the actual, ten or more hour long game.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
The Austin said:
Will it be coming out for 360 as well?
It'll be on 360, they were just announcing that the PS3 version will be made to a higher quality for whatever reason.

Probably because they're publishing it with Steam being added to PSN somehow, or they have some decent PS3 guys on the team now.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
The Austin said:
Will it be coming out for 360 as well?
Yeah, I heard.

My comment:

"But GLados, you wanted to kill me...for science! I wanted to take you apart and see what made you tick, and tick I did...

...For science, of course. I really want to do it again."

K4RN4GE911

Apr 27, 2010
YES!!! Portal 2 is finally going to be a reality!! All Valve needs to do now is release Half-Life 2: Episode 3 and we are good to GO!!

Glass Joe

Oct 7, 2009
She thinks I care about "science"? I'm on a mission to save my beloved companion cube, you monster!

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
I'm sceptical about the fact that it is also going to be released on PS3. This might be the first Valve-screwup in history. Hopefully it will be awesome, but I'll be extremely impressed if they can surpass the original, especially when catering to the console-crowd as well.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I don't think flat walls and stiff edges were a "plague".
It was supposed to reflect the minimalist/test subject feeling in a sterile laboratory environment.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Valve absolutely NAILED the first line of GLaDOS's dialog in that trailer. It made the rest of the trailer better than it would've been without that one line.