The Escapist's E3 Week: Wednesday Preview

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
The Escapist's E3 Week: Wednesday Preview

It's E3 week, and The Escapist is bringing you all of the juicy stories hot from the show floor! On the plate today: Call of Duty, The Last Guardian, Marvel vs. Capcom and maybe some Final Fantasy.

There's an old holiday standard that refers to the Christmas (et al) season as the "most wonderful time of the year." I'm not saying that it isn't, but for gamers, E3 is pretty damn close. This is the time of year where we get to glimpse the future - we get to see all of the shiny new goodies that our favorite developers have in store.

This year, Team Escapist is out on the E3 floor in force. The show floor is open and the conferences are over, so here's some of the stuff that you can look forward to today:

From the Show Floor: The major press conferences are out of the way, so from now on it's all new hotness, all the time. Today we have a number of booth tours lined up, and that means we'll probably be getting to see some awesome new games!

Activision: Call of Duty: Black Ops is the big draw, but we'll probably get to see DJ Hero 2 as well.

Sony: The big hitters from Sony's press conference yesterday will be there - Killzone 3, LittleBigPlanet 2, InFamous 2, the new Twisted Metal, and Gran Turismo 5 - so you can expect to see some of those. While it was curiously absent from the press conference, we'll also try to take a look at the highly-anticipated third Team Ico game, The Last Guardian.

Capcom: The big names are Dead Rising 2 and Marvel vs. Capcom 3, but there's also Okamiden - who can resist such an adorable god-wolf puppy?

Bethesda: We've already seen Fallout: New Vegas, but no reason not to see it again - plus, there's Brink and Rage, too.

Square-Enix: Deus Ex, Final Fantasy XIV (and Versus XIII), The Third Birthday and Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep will all be on the floor.

We're also getting some hands-on time with Sony's PlayStation Move, and may just be stopping by Nintendo. Stay tuned!

In case you missed it...: Yesterday's top stories - the Nintendo [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101369-E3-2010-Nintendo-Formally-Reveals-Its-3DS-Kid-Icarus] press conferences!

Keep track of our E3 2010 coverage here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/conferences/e32010].

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
The Squareenix part he intrested for sure, any more news on Versus and 14 is welcome...also, Dead Rising 2! cant wait!

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Keep the news coming guys! I lied (bullshitted really) my way in in 2002 and 2003 so I know how awesome E3 is. That means I mean this when I say I hate every one of you for being there and not me :(

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
If there is a God, Bethesda will show The Elder Scrolls 5.

It's been 4 years since Oblivion came out, and if the announcement says it's coming in 2011, surely 5 years is long enough to make the next instalment?

meowman

Jan 25, 2010
PurpleLeafRave said:
If there is a God, Bethesda will show The Elder Scrolls 5.

It's been 4 years since Oblivion came out, and if the announcement says it's coming in 2011, surely 5 years is long enough to make the next instalment?
Hear hear.
Also, how come EA didn't show Dragon Age II or Mass Effect 3 at their thing on Monday? If they exist yet, surely they'd be a big atraction?