Scott Pilgrim Beating Up PSN August 10

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Scott Pilgrim Beating Up PSN August 10

Hold on to your joysticks, Scott Pilgrim fans! Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is coming to the PSN August 10th!

Ubisoft's been letting more and more info about its tie-in to Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World hit the light over the past couple of days. Last week, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101254-Xbox-360-Fans-Have-to-Wait-for-Scott-Pilgrim>it was revealed that the game would be a timed-exclusive for the PSN, meaning 360 owners would have to wait for a while to play the game. Now, Ubi's provided an official date for the game's PS3 release: August 10th. No release date for Xbox Live has been announced yet.

This means that the game will be playable three days before the movie itself comes out, though whether or not the game will spoil the film's plot for fans remains to be seen. The visual style is certainly similar to Bryan Lee O'Malley's comic series, which will conclude on July 20th when <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Scott-Pilgrim-Pilgrims-Finest-Hour/dp/1934964387/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1276793032&sr=8-1>Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour is released. Whether the game is going to be a completely faithful retelling of the story in either the movie or the comics hasn't been explained, yet.

O'Malley has explained that the movie and the comic series are similar, but the film's ending will probably be a bit different from the comics since he was still writing Finest Hour when the movie was in production. "Note that I haven't finished writing it yet, but they're already making a movie," he stated in a twitter post a while ago. "Their ending is their ending."

The game is on display at E3, and impressions of the game are enthusiastic so far. Members of The Escapist are <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/conferences/e32010>currently covering the show, so be sure to check out all their coverage.

Source: Joystiq

Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
This looks to be the finest beat em' up to come out in a long time. Everything from the 8-bit art style to the chiptune music is awesome. This'll be worth all $10 come August 10th.

Mr. In-between

Apr 7, 2010
Anyone who says that Pre-XII Final Fantasy titles are made for teenagers really needs to take a gander at the Scott Pilgrim comics before they decide to open their mouth (or move their fingers).

I happened upon these comics a while back and almost puked at the juvenile nature of them. The one part that I can remember most vividly was a quote like "I didn't want to hang with the jocks or preps, just find my own clique of punks" or something as utterly retarded as that.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Ohhh! Looks like good fun!! Something else epic on PSN!

Galaxy613

Apr 6, 2008
Wow this looks nothing like the movie characters. But I guess what do you expect for a movie tie-in?

..is what people who didn't know it came from a comic would say.

Game LOOKS good, I'll hold on until I see gameplay.

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
This game is very good. I'm having a blast playing it and suggest it to anyone with fond memories of 8 and 16 bit gaming.