"Epic" Suits These Special Mickey Peripherals Perfectly

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
"Epic" Suits These Special Mickey Peripherals Perfectly

If you're planning on getting Disney Epic Mickey, you might want to look into picking up these amazing accessories for your Wii Remote as well.

Nintendo revealed a metric crapload (bigger than a regular crapload!) of new games during its Disney Epic Mickey [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101374-E3-2010-From-the-Nintendo-Press-Conference].

If you're planning on picking up Epic Mickey (and let's face it, if you have a Wii and are reading this you are probably planning on doing so), you might seriously want to look into the peripherals that Disney just announced. Disney is offering a pair of promotional items created by Performance Designed Products [http://www.pdp.com/] to celebrate the videogame return of its iconic mouse.

The first, pictured here, is an amazing-looking Wii Remote charger depicting Mickey squaring off against his nemesis (and the game's villain), the Evil Blot. It charges your Wii Remote, it glows in the dark, and it makes one hell of a conversation set-piece, too!

The second, which you can see here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/images/view/67367], is a paintbrush shell for the Nunchuck adapter. It's not quite as awesome as it would be if it fit on the actual Wii Remote itself (which you will presumably be using to do the painting), but it is still pretty goddamn badass.

No word on pricing yet, but holy crap guys, these are awesome. Do want. Do very want.

Look for an E3 2010 look at Epic Mickey soon.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Oh god!I should buy that for my little neice! It will scare the living daylights out of her! =D

ike42

Feb 25, 2009
Is it just me, or does the "evil blot" look almost exactly like Hexis from Ferngully?

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Yes. Do Want. Do Want indeed. And I don't usually buy peripherals. I'm...quite stoked for this item, no lie.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Holy Crap, that is one of the most awesome things to ever be associated with a Wii-mote ever! Wait, no scratch that, it is the most awesome thing to ever be associated with a Wii-mote ever.

It's so awesome I forgoe using proper grammer.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
I'd love to buy this, I thought to myself "damn I wish I had a Wii, then I could get myself this bit of kit".

Then I thought "dude you've got a Wii", and I actually went "SQUEEEE"

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
ike42 said:
Is it just me, or does the "evil blot" look almost exactly like Hexis from Ferngully?
I honestly thought that's who it was when they first revealed the game last November(?).

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Wii Accessories that i actually want

Aside from the Zelda Master Sword and Hylian Shield accessories...i never thought id see the day......

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Holy Lords of Kobol and the Cylon God! Wii accessories that aren't pants on head stupid or poorly made! These actually look amazing and I'm really hoping this game is just as good as the accessories.

plastic_window

Jun 29, 2008
Man... I'll probably buy that WiiMote charger even though I don't have a Wii.

I wish, wish, wish Epic Mickey was on 360 or Ps3. Hell, I'd buy Move controllers if it meant I could play Epic Mickey. Sometimes I really wish I had a Wii.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Straying Bullet said:
Only that white colour fails horribly. A black Nunchuck would fit the entire picture MUCH better!
I thought the white of the Wiimote was a nice contrast to the black. OT: The charger is definitely awesome, but the paintbrush thing looks a bit stupid.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
The charger looks like a diorama. It really looks good. If I had a Wii, that would be my charger.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Am I the only one who was really depressed when I heard the game was a Wii exclusive?

*sigh* I guess I'll file it under the "necessary Wii titles" under Metroid.