Green Hornet Trailer Buzzes to the Web, Looks Great

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Green Hornet Trailer Buzzes to the Web, Looks Great

The trailer for The Green Hornet has hit the Web, and you know what? It looks like the movie will actually be a lot of fun.

I fell in love with the Green Hornet when I was eight and found a comic in an Idaho bookstore. I enjoyed the gritty and violent adventures, as well as the over-the-top storylines, and I've always had a mancrush on anyone who could pull off a fedora while fighting crime. When it was announced that Seth Rogen would be playing the Lone Ranger's nephew in the upcoming Green Hornet film, I wasn't exactly thrilled. However, after viewing the trailer (which was released to the Web last night), I'm willing to admit that the adaptation looks like it could be immensely fun.

Rogen has admittedly <a href=http://starcasm.net/archives/10567>shed over thirty pounds for the role of Britt Reid, which means he doesn't look absurd during his few action scenes in the trailer. He also seems a lot goofier and &mdash to an extent &mdash a bit more innocent than the way the character was played by Van Williams in the 1960s TV show. Meanwhile, Jay Chou's straightlaced and long-suffering portrayal of Kato seems like a perfect counterbalance to Rogen.

Even Michel Gondry's unusual visual style makes an appearance in a brief fight moment, and it looks neat instead of gimmicky. The only thing that I couldn't have cared less about was Cameron Diaz's five seconds of screen time; in her defense, we'll have to wait and see just how big a role the character of Lenore Case is given before a final judgment can be rendered.

Overall, there's a lot of potential here. Between the goofiness, the sense of fun, and what look like some great action sequences, here's hoping this causes a whole new generation to embrace both the Green Hornet and Kato.

dragonslayer32

Jan 11, 2010
it does look awesome, but i think kevin smith should have stuck with it, it would have been immense.

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Wow! Seth looks great! Also, I am loving the costume.

I certainly agree, it looks like it is going to be quite enjoyable to watch.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
dragonslayer32 said:
it does look awesome, but i think kevin smith should have stuck with it, it would have been immense.
I highly recommend the comic he's doing for Dynamite Entertainment, which is his script for the movie that he wrote. And the comic itself is, dare I say, better than what is shown in this trailer.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
S'alright.

That speed camera bit is taken from Johnny English though, I shit you not.

dragonslayer32

Jan 11, 2010
Jbird said:
dragonslayer32 said:
I highly recommend the comic he's doing for Dynamite Entertainment, which is his script for the movie that he wrote. And the comic itself is, dare I say, better than what is shown in this trailer.
wow, cheers, that sounds amazing.

SonOfIkaros

Oct 6, 2009
Was that Christoph Waltz playing the main villain? God, I think I'll see this movie because of him alone. Such a great actor, that guy!

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
I was turned off the second I saw Seth Rogan in the trailer. Green Hornet immediately crossed over into an action comedy instead of a gritty crime drama the original was to convey (a mature version of the Batman TV series). I expected it would have been gritty similar to Punisher War Zone, but I was sadly mistaken.

Tourette

Dec 19, 2009
I have been waiting for this for a long time. So much so that I no longer care that Seth Rogan is playing the lead, i just want to watch it now.
I still think Mark Valley would've made a better Britt Reid/Green Hornet though but the rest of the cast is awesome.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
That looks...odd. Not the most likely superhero. But pretty damn awesome nonetheless.

And I just know that James Bond would love to have Kato as his new Q.
Woodsey said:
S'alright.

That speed camera bit is taken from Johnny English though, I shit you not.
I just wanted to say that. Figured, with 12 comments, what are the odds? You ninja.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Why does he aim the gun at himself to see if/how it works? For all he knows, it might be poison gas, or a blast of gas to knock someone back and at that range could break his neck.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Heh. Looks like it could be amusing: I don't know anything about The Green Hornet though so I'm probably more easily won over than fans of the series.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Never even heard of this character, but I do know this: I. Want. That. CAR!