You Don't Know Jack to Make a Return

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
You Don't Know Jack to Make a Return

The beloved and irreverent game-show videogame You Don't Know Jack could be making an encore appearance after a decade of silence.

If you don't know You Don't Know Jack [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Don%27t_Know_Jack_%28game%29], you might be forgiven considering its age: It was a series of game show games that boasted a melding of "high culture and pop culture" that ran on various platforms from 1995 until 2000. For those who owned and played it, it was a genuine blast.

Now, a whole new generation can be exposed to the thrill of Screwing (literally, Screwing) their opponents: Jack is coming back. Originally announced on the official YDKJ site [http://www.giantbomb.com/news/have-a-cookie-the-return-of-you-dont-know-jack/2202/].

[blockquote]Dear YDKJ Fans,

We told you so.

Love,
Jellyvision

P.S. More THQ/Jellyvision YDKJ partnership news to come. Stay tuned![/blockquote]

So it seems that the revival of the quiz game franchise will be done in partnership with THQ. I have heard worse ideas in my life.

Ooh, ooh, maybe they can have a crossover with Relic's Warhammer 40k games? "You don't know Jaccus, so die for the glory of the Imperium!"

... okay, maybe not.

(via Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/22/you-dont-know-jack-is-coming-back/])

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
I always felt the problem with the series was that the questions would eventually run out, and then the disk would never be loaded again.

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
That sounds awesome. I loved playing those games and still have them, although I have no one to play them with. Maybe this time you would be able to play with people through the Internet? That would make not having friends/family over less of an issue if you want to play

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
I could dig a 40k version.

Bring on the Age of Apostasy questions, I'm ready!

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Ummm... I guess alot of people don't know me. Didn't know I was returning from anything.

Calumon: Here's hoping for multiplayer! ^^

Oh Look! Jack said something irrelevant while Calumon said something meaningful! Oh the role swapping.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
My girlfriend will be very pleased by this. She still reminisces every few months about playing the old ones back in the day. I'm very surprised they're reviving it (never, ever would've guessed that), but it was pretty entertaining, so I'm not about to complain.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Yes! I loved these games.

It was the only PC game I played when I was young, and despite me not knowing any of the answers I still enjoyed it.

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
Sweeeet. That's all I got to say really.

Oh, and "one bun itches crawling clown".

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
I haven't seen this game in like 13 years. I loved playing this game. The questions were actually answerable to a 7-year-old child somehow. Granted a 30-year-old adult still kicked my ass but I gave him a run for his money.

Feb 13, 2008
John Funk said:
The beloved and irreverent game-show videogame You Don't Know Jack could be making an encore appearance after a decade of silence.
SCORE!

I hope they have the American and the English version as well. Americans can do sarcasm, but only the Brits have perfected it ;) Must be coz of all that rain.
English Version (Dennis Pennis)

American Version (Cookie)

Also shows a good difference in the accents.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
This is real cool news. People would certainly be forgiven for thinking these games aren't as fun as they are. Might be a hard sell these days.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Never heard of it, but, doing a little reading on it now seems like it could be entertaining!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
These kinda games are only fun when played with other people on the couch next to you. Sadly, I lack those kind of people.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
I really shouldn't point out that there was a web version [http://youdontknowjack.com/] too?