Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Ending Made Nathan Drake Swear

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Ending Made Nathan Drake Swear

How will Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood end? We don't know, but we do know that it made popular voice actor Nolan North say WTF?

What with its conspiracy-happy plot revolving around clandestine wars between ancient secret brotherhoods over objects that may or may not be divine (or extraterrestrial) in nature - not to mention the bizarre pseudo-time-travel element of the series - the endings to the two Assassin's Creed games have made some gamers scratch their heads.

It looks like the third major entry, Brotherhood, may do the same.

left the company [http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/06/22/assassins-creed-brotherhood-ends-with-another-wtf-ending-wont-go-world-war-2-anytime-soon/] later that month - who related an amusing anecdote about the ending to the game.

[blockquote]The other day I was recording the ending of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood with [protagonist] Desmond, with [voice actor] Nolan North. He was reading it and then he was like, "Credits?! You mother f***ker! What do you mean credits?!" And I was like, "Well, it ends there." [Patrice makes the sound of Nolan grunting in frustration]. He's really into it, which is great.[/blockquote]

If you don't like cliffhangers, maybe you shouldn't be playing Assassin's Creed.

Désilets also discussed the rumor that a hypothetical AC3 could be set in World War II [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95432-Assassins-Creed-III-Could-be-set-in-World-War-II], though he didn't sound up on the idea, nor the suggestion to do a Japanese-themed game in the series.

[blockquote]I don't see why we would do a World War II setting. We could do it, it would be fine. Like, let's go assassinate Hitler. But really? I know everyone's asking for a Japanese Assassin's Creed but I've been talking to some Japanese people and they're like, 'Don't do it. We do our own historical thing.' I've been fighting a lot saying it's not going to be a ninja, but then I'm like, why not? But I ask myself, how many games can we make in World War II? That's maybe the only [setting] I'd say is not interesting to me.[/blockquote]

Désilets may no longer be with the series, but it's probably still unlikely that the man largely responsible for mapping out the Templar vs. Assassin war would have left much room in his timeline if he didn't like the idea of WW2 or Japanese games. So hopefully, we won't get any.

What we will get? Is awesome multiplayer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101480-E3-2010-Assassins-Creed-Brotherhood-Hands-On]. I am okay with this.

(MTV Multiplayer [http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/06/22/assassins-creed-brotherhood-ends-with-another-wtf-ending-wont-go-world-war-2-anytime-soon/])

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
WW 2? Nooooo!
WW 1 not even.

Why set it in a war anyway?
Maybe BEFORE one, so you can assasinate enemy big wigs before the actual war?
It's a game about assasinating people, not a shooter!

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
I guess they're still going to extend the series more, until they can't figure out how to squeeze any more out, except to wrap up the series.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
I was hoping Brotherhood would be an optional standalone, not an integral part of the trilogy involving Desmond. Just screams of milking it by forcing people to buy annually.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Oh boy, another WTF moment.

Okay folks grab your Helmets it's going to be a bumpy one.

Anyway, I vote for the American revolution.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
I hope they play with the Red Scare. No one has the balls to even touch that these days. What wih America losing in Vietnam.

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
Wow... on the one hand, it's awesome he's THAT into the character and story to react so viciously. On the other hand, if HE reacted that badly, imagine how the gamers who play to reach that point will feel.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
The part of history that actually would make sense in the timeline would be around the French revolution, plenty of opportunities for assassination there and intrigues around every corner. Much easier setting to incorporate church and templars activity too. American civil war came 100 years later.

May 28, 2009
Dr. wonderful said:
Oh boy, another WTF moment.

Okay folks grab your Helmets it's going to be a bumpy one.

Anyway, I vote for the American revolution.
American Civil War has my vote with Templars on Both sides! Think about how stealthy you would have to be if you didn't know who was friend or foe.

May 28, 2009
Keava said:
The part of history that actually would make sense in the timeline would be around the French revolution, plenty of opportunities for assassination there and intrigues around every corner. Much easier setting to incorporate church and templars activity too. American civil war came 100 years later.
Never thought of that one, and now that I think about it that would work realy well.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
kalakashi said:
I don't get it. Who's Nathan Drake and who's Nolan North?
Nolan North is the voice actor for Nathan Drake. And he's the voice actor for quite a few games Lead characters I believe.

SomeBoredGuy

Nov 18, 2009
kalakashi said:
He's the same person. It was a joke seeing how Nolan North voiced Nathan Drake as well as Desmond Miles, and he's gained a reputation for being the sort of "one voice to rule them all" type voice actor.

kalakashi

Nov 18, 2009
cainx10a said:
kalakashi said:
Nolan North is the voice actor for Nathan Drake. And he's the voice actor for quite a few games Lead characters I believe.
Is Nathan Drake the guy out of Uncharted 2?

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
[blockquote]I don't see why we would do a World War II setting. We could do it, it would be fine. Like, let's go assassinate Hitler. But really? I know everyone's asking for a Japanese Assassin's Creed but I've been talking to some Japanese people and they're like, 'Don't do it. We do our own historical thing.' I've been fighting a lot saying it's not going to be a ninja, but then I'm like, why not? But I ask myself, how many games can we make in World War II? That's maybe the only [setting] I'd say is not interesting to me.[/blockquote]

Alright, something on here truely annoyed me. It's the part about the reasoning a Japanese AC. So what if the people you ask don't like the idea. It's not like Japan has copyrights to all games that involve Japanese history or anything like that. Hell, I'm sure if you asked certain people, they'd not have liked the original Assassin's Creed set in the Middle East. If the setting is interesting, and the fans would like it, go for it, right?

QueenWren

Apr 7, 2010
I like the idea of the French Revolution (cause we might get a female assassin, still unlikely) also cause that time was just so intense anyway. I can totally see an assassin stalking around it and making it more so (ooh! and if they keep up with the historical characters bit they could use the Marquis de Sade!). Although it might be interesting to set it right at the beginning or just before the revoultion (or at least start it then) with the Templars pulling everybodies strings.

Apr 28, 2008
SomeBoredGuy said:
kalakashi said:
He's the same person. It was a joke seeing how Nolan North voiced Nathan Drake as well as Desmond Miles, and he's gained a reputation for being the sort of "one voice to rule them all" type voice actor.
I don't care what anyone says, I still say Steve Blum [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0089710/] is king.

OT: Please no WW2. I've played enough games set in that period to last a lifetime.