E3 2010: Tito?s Five Favorite Games

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
E3 2010: Tito?s Five Favorite Games

Picking that best to see at this year's E3.

Read Full Article

Generator

May 8, 2009
I'm glad I'm not the only one excited about Enslaved. The day I heard about it, I had a feeling I was going to love it, and I have no idea why either. All I can say is that I plan on getting it as soon as it comes out (I haven't done a blind purchase in quite some time so it should be fun).

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Heh! I know EXACTLY how you feel with Civ5! I havnt taken a full week off (Unfortunatly ><) but I have taken 3 days off! So I can enjoy the glory that is Civ!

The tweaks they have made certainly seem like its going to be something completly new!

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
I've never heard Enslaved, but from the way you described it, it looks like something I want to check out.
[sub][sub][sub]Oh, and sorry about the Celtics. I'll... I'll just go. :p[/sub][/sub][/sub]

facade

Jul 18, 2009
Wait... there's a tactics game in the vein of Final Fantasy Tactics coming out!?!

How was I not aware of this?

iBlooba

Jun 17, 2010
Magic and Civ do sound pretty cool. I've never played a Civ game (Go ahead, kick meh in the groin) but if you would take a week off work for it, I'm sure it's got to be interesting.

Wandrecanada

Oct 3, 2008
I'm quite impressed with your lineup Mr. Tito. I too am impressed with what was actually new and exciting IPs beyond the sequels and repainted versions of things we already have. The XBLA lineup impressed me 100% and I hope that we see more media coverage of games that are both fun, innovative and affordable. Escapist is one of the few media outlets that gives even coverage to over-marketed and under-marketed games.

Wandrecanada

Oct 3, 2008
I'm quite impressed with your lineup Mr. Tito. I too am impressed with what was actually new and exciting IPs beyond the sequels and repainted versions of things we already have. The XBLA lineup impressed me 100% and I hope that we see more media coverage of games that are both fun, innovative and affordable. Escapist is one of the few media outlets that gives even coverage to over-marketed and under-marketed games.

Yvl9921

Our Sweet Prince
Apr 4, 2009
5 games I won't be getting. Civ 5 is the only game that even looks half decent on that list.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Greg Tito said:
It has great talents working on it like Andy Serkis from LOTR and a good scriptwriter, and its story of playing a character that's being forced to act against his will is pretty neat.
Err..I feel compelled to ask this Greg Tito, whats your relationship with your seniors at work like?.

Greg Tito said:
The relationship of slaver and slave is all sturm and drang at the start of the story, but you know that Monkey and Trip are going to end up romantically tangled before the ending cinematic rolls. Maybe it's the anticipation of such a romcom concept wrapped into a decent action game that tugged at my heart strings. Or maybe I'm just a sucker for post-apocalyptic New York.
New York, ahhh got it.

You don't mind game Developers destroying your home town?, its just I don't stand for people depicting Paris in a dilapidated state, most French people don't actually, Twisted Metal 2 got away with it thanks to its quite clearly mad as a bat game design.

But not those chimps in Hollywood, I went to see Armageddon in South of France and most of the cinema left when a meteor strike hit Paris.

SonOfIkaros

Oct 6, 2009
Wow, Magic the Gathering: Tactics sounds really interesting. I hadn't heard of it before now. The more turn-based strategy games the better, if you ask me.

And of course, Civ V will be epic in every possible way. Can't wait for it.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
ColdStorage said:
Greg Tito said:
The relationship of slaver and slave is all sturm and drang at the start of the story, but you know that Monkey and Trip are going to end up romantically tangled before the ending cinematic rolls. Maybe it's the anticipation of such a romcom concept wrapped into a decent action game that tugged at my heart strings. Or maybe I'm just a sucker for post-apocalyptic New York.
New York, ahhh got it.

You don't mind game Developers destroying your home town?, its just I don't stand for people depicting Paris in a dilapidated state, most French people don't actually, Twisted Metal 2 got away with it thanks to its quite clearly mad as a bat game design.

But not those chimps in Hollywood, I went to see Armageddon in South of France and most of the cinema left when a meteor strike hit Paris.
Do most French people not like to see the destruction of Paris because of the destruction that took place during WW2? Because if so, then remember the Americans have never experienced such an event and so it's probably very far removed from reality for them. I'm actually British, so this is just what I would guess anyway!

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
JoJoDeathunter said:
ColdStorage said:
Greg Tito said:
New York, ahhh got it.

Do most French people not like to see the destruction of Paris because of the destruction that took place during WW2? Because if so, then remember the Americans have never experienced such an event and so it's probably very far removed from reality for them. I'm actually British, so this is just what I would guess anyway!
Thats actually plausible, Americans haven't been devastated in a literal sense, I mean the great depression and all but not actually BOMBED, it might go some way to explaining Michael Bay's fascination with explosions.

France gave up France as a battleground in exchange for Paris not being touched, having those chimps in Hollywood then lay it to waste just for a special effect angered us, we like Paris... France just isn't France without the beauty of Paris. Kinda like a bath without an aroma therapy candle, it gets the job done but COME ON!.

Or another tortured analogy maybe is that Formula 1 isn't really Formula 1 without Ferrari.

Thanks JoJo, your comment made me question myself and I just spent ten minutes actually retyping what I wrote because you made me think, kudos to you, I give you todays "two thumbs up" award.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
ColdStorage said:
JoJoDeathunter said:
ColdStorage said:
Greg Tito said:
New York, ahhh got it.

Thats actually plausible, Americans haven't been devastated in a literal sense, I mean the great depression and all but not actually BOMBED, it might go some way to explaining Michael Bay's fascination with explosions.

France gave up France as a battleground in exchange for Paris not being touched, having those chimps in Hollywood then lay it to waste just for a special effect angered us, we like Paris... France just isn't France without the beauty of Paris. Kinda like a bath without an aroma therapy candle, it gets the job done but COME ON!.

Or another tortured analogy maybe is that Formula 1 isn't really Formula 1 without Ferrari.

Thanks JoJo, your comment made me question myself and I just spent ten minutes actually retyping what I wrote because you made me think, kudos to you, I give you todays "two thumbs up" award.
Wow, that's the coolest response I've ever had, thanks :)