Live Version of Plants vs. Zombies Song: The Cutest Thing Ever?

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Live Version of Plants vs. Zombies Song: The Cutest Thing Ever?

If you thought that the theme song to Plants vs. Zombies was sugary-sweet enough on its own, you haven't seen it performed live with a cat named Metroid.

There's a lot to love about PopCap's relentlessly catchy theme song [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/6035-Review-Plants-vs-Zombies], "There's A Zombie On Your Lawn."

What could possibly be cuter than that? How about the same song sung in person by Laura Shigihara, the game's composer - and the voice for the cheery little sunflower?

Seriously, this thing is adorable. Look for cameos from PvZ creator George Fan [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/interviews/5974-Exclusive-The-Brains-Behind-Plants-vs-Zombies] as the zombies, as well as Fan and Shigihara's cat, Metroid.

This is the sort of thing that puts a smile on my face at the end of a long work day. It's so cute.

(Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5572011/the-plants-vs-zombies-theme-song-is-even-better-live])

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
Unusually, her speaking voice is exactly what I would it expect it to be from hearing her singing voice.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
Hah. One of the best game songs ever. I love PvZ and all its cuteness ^_^

That brightened up my evening, thank you :)

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
Hey, I just saw this 30 minutes ago. This is getting viral, fast.

It's also real cute. Methinks I should play this game some time.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
That is awesome, loved it! Liked the cameo's in it too! Zombie Dolphin!

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
You know, the ending of this game made me numb with awesome feelings, and this live version is also great.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
LTK_70 said:
Hey, I just saw this 30 minutes ago. This is getting viral, fast.

It's also real cute. Methinks I should play this game some time.
Yes. You must. Now. It's in the massive Steam sale I think.

Go go!

EDIT: Oh wow, I just clocked on to the fact that's PvZ's creator and composer. Wow. What awesome guys

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Brilliant! Though saying it is performed live with the cat Metroid is a little bit of false advertising, considering said cat only really appears at the beginning.

Damn cute video, nonetheless, makes me feel the need to fire up Plants vs. Zombies again. Again. :)

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
On top of this awesomeness, she's uploaded all the videos of her playing all the tunes from PvZ, some with extra bits added. Oh glorious times!

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
What is it with the Escapist featuring music-playing women that make me get all swoon-tastic?

Sigh.... *swoon*

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Let me just say this, beacuse somebody is bound to do it...

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! ^_^

But seriously, nice little video. Really cute.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
She is ridiculously cute. Maybe it's the camera angle or the hair style, but she reminds me of a character from an anime who is supposed to be "the cute one".

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Simalacrum said:
That video makes me want a hug...

...Aw dammit now I want a hug!
/hug

The song for PvZ is so good, I always crack when the zombie with butter on his head and zombie dolphin start to sing, so funny ^^