Preview: Medal of Honor Beta Hands On

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
Preview: Medal of Honor Beta Hands On

We join up for a tour in Afghanistan, courtesy of the recent beta.

Read Full Article

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
video wasnt working. might be just me, ill try again in a bit
OT: i wonder if it will have ordering airstrikes on buildings where there may be terrorist because there are people in them? i dont know, this may be glamourising the war in afghanistan a bit, considering its still going on
it could be really insensitive to the families of soldiers and the afghan people that are dying there TODAY
im talking about the game in general, not this review

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Video no worky guys. You click play, then it asks you if you want to play again.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Straying Bullet said:
Video isn't working for me.

I am still a bit irked by always fighting Middle Eastern people in some 'fictional' war. I saw a documentary where people from that region spoke up how they felt bombing their own cities and killing their own people, granted it's virtual but c'mon..It's always them.

Some games that aren't graphical impressive at all still convey a strong emotional feelings by depicting USA as the enemy or Israel. Knowing two sides of a story and opinions is quite refreshing.

Either way, I am hoping this game doesn't turn out too similair like the over-saturated FPS segment.
I am 200% against the release of the crapsterpiece that 6 Days in Fallujah was going to be. But MoH at least doesn`t involve civilians and 'insurgents', but two "armies" fighting each other.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Straying Bullet said:
Some games that aren't graphical impressive at all still convey a strong emotional feelings by depicting USA as the enemy or Israel. Knowing two sides of a story and opinions is quite refreshing.
vietcong 2 did that. or at least tried to.
you play most of the game as americans mighting off standard hollywood vietcong, then theres a flashback vietcong bit - where they seem even more cartoonishly evil
im probably going to get some hate for this but the US (and allies) are the invaders, but the taliban are made to be the bad guys, despite american culture supporting the underdog/rebels
but i bet there will be nukes, etc.
hold on, in this game, arent these guys the ELITE OF THE ELITE? so why are they fighting ill trained, ill equipped men, who, for suspenses sake, will probably gain the upperhand? how will that happen? thats like some blackbelts beating up some primary school kids - and losing
war will always be glorified - fact of life, ironically, but come on, leave it till at least the war ends
cainx10a said:
I am 200% against the release of the crapsterpiece that 6 Days in Fallujah was going to be. But MoH at least doesn`t involve civilians and 'insurgents', but two "armies" fighting each other.
apparently its still coming out, they just havent found a publisher
actually, looking at that on wikipedia, it says something on the lines of
"marines blew holes in buildings to blindside the terrorists inside"
by "terrorists", it may mean "civilians who were hiding inside to escape the war"

Pebsy

Jun 12, 2008
some basic concepts are ripped from the battlefield series, but at least they ripped the good stuff and improved upon it. I like the combat mission idea, its like slurring multiple game modes from stuff in modern warfare 2 along with the rush mode concept from battlefield bad company 2. Hopefully this turns out to be one of the games where gameplay just rocks even if the graphics failed to impress me right off.

edit: then again graphic quality is subject to the computer being used and the quality of the video, so i could be wrong :D

Gaskell

Apr 18, 2009
Video isn't working for me yet
Though I saw a level played in an EA tent at the Download festival about a fortnight ago, and I was sincerely underwhelmed

darthricardo

May 7, 2010
Another FPS set in the Middle East. How original.
Anyways, at least they're being honest about you fighting the Taliban. Fighting "insurgents" and the like in mysteriously unnamed middle-eastern countries kind of felt like a sad hack of real life.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
So... they basically looked at Modern Warfare and/or Bad Company and said "let's make that."

(The video worked fine for me.)

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Zhukov said:
So... they basically looked at Modern Warfare and/or Bad Company and said "let's make that."

(The video worked fine for me.)
Neh...looks completely different to me, and hell, this demo doesn't even seem that buggy, and if the demo isn't, then the real game shouldn't be, so it's already 1 up on MW2

i like how they have done the classes as well, and the "Noob Tubes" do not look overpowered in this, and look harder to aim, which is good, again another up from MW2...

If i here good things, i'll probably get it, looks ok now, and demo's that look ok usually have good games following them =)

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
A modern day FPS made by EA and Dice.

Swear that came out earlier this year... :p That AK-74su model looks remarkably similair to BC2's as well.

Ah, who cares?

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
cainx10a said:
Straying Bullet said:

I am still a bit irked by always fighting Middle Eastern people in some 'fictional' war. I saw a documentary where people from that region spoke up how they felt bombing their own cities and killing their own people, granted it's virtual but c'mon..It's always them.

Either way, I am hoping this game doesn't turn out too similair like the over-saturated FPS segment.
I am confused. What exactly was so "craptastic" about Six Days in Fallujah? I mean, the only thing that bothered me about it was the fact that included regenerating health, which I think goes against the spirit of the game. Otherwise, it seemed like a very solid title and it was praiseworthy that it was willing to tackle a contemporary issue without trying to be political about it.

EDIT: Anyway, we will see how this turns out. Personally, I very much like the idea of singleplayer and multiplayer being handled by two seperate studios, since it increases the chances that this will be a good title. So I have high hopes for this reboot.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Tom Phoenix said:
cainx10a said:
Straying Bullet said:

I am confused. What exactly was so "craptastic" about Six Days in Fallujah? I mean, the only thing that bothered me about it was the fact that included regenerating health, which I think goes against the spirit of the game. Otherwise, it seemed like a very solid title and it was praiseworthy that it was willing to tackle a contemporary issue without trying to be political about it.

EDIT: Anyway, we will see how this turns out. Personally, I very much like the idea of singleplayer and multiplayer being handled by two seperate studios, since it increases the chances that this will be a good title. So I have high hopes for this reboot.
Because a game that will not bother to show how civvies were getting killed indiscriminately by "brave and trained" soldiers is bullshit.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
What irritates me about it is the way they announced that it would become a modern shooter at E3 as if that was an exciting and original concept.