Marvel Implants Mutant Genes Into LittleBigPlanet

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Marvel Implants Mutant Genes Into LittleBigPlanet

Thanks to Marvel and Sony, it's clobberin' time in LittleBigPlanet.

Sackboy is going to have to toughen up if he wants to make it through the next couple months of LittleBigPlanet [http://www.amazon.com/LittleBigPlanet-Game-Year-Playstation-3/dp/B002ELCUUG/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1277665942&sr=1-1] updates. Marvel and Sony have announced that superhero and super villain costume packs are going to be released in the game starting on July 7.

Not just one pack: Packs. Marvel plans to release four packs total of five characters each every other week afterward.

The full list includes:

* Captain America
* Daredevil
* Doctor Octopus
* Elektra
* Ghost Rider
* Green Goblin
* Hulk
* Invisible Woman
* Iron Man
* The Human Torch
* Magneto
* Mystique
* The Punisher
* Rogue
* Spider-Man
* Storm
* The Thing
* Thor
* Venom
* Wolverine

That's an amazing amount of comic-book goodness. Seriously, Sackboy up and dies every time a little electricity runs through him or when he brushes up against a thumbtack. Is he really going to be able to survive the kind of trouble Wolverine and the Punisher get into?

If costumes alone don't get your radioactive blood flowing, Marvel and Sony have also announced the release of the Marvel level kit which will include four levels of an adventure pitting players up against magnetic magnet man Magneto. If it's anything like the Metal Gear Solid level kit, a set of levels that put a paintball gun in players' hands and pitted them up against laser-shooting robots, it'll be pretty cool. Throughout the levels, players will collect Marvel-themed music, objects, materials, stickers, and a special "Rooftop" background to use in level creation.

Marvel-themed music eh? Does this mean we'll be hearing the classic Spider-Man theme song [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o29VoxtsFk] in LittleBigPlanet?

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Hehe I can't wait to see the Doc Ock themed Sackboy. This is a great idea by Sorny!

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
Sir John The Net Knight said:
What? No Deadpool?

I mean, I can understand most of those characters. FF, Some X-Men even though those franchises are falling off a bit. I think we went a little ape on the Spider-Man villains, but they are the most recognizable. But Mystique? Elektra? Does anyone really give a crap about those two?
A pity they left out Deadpool. He's the only non Capcom character to use SHORYUKEN! He's THAT cool.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Twilight.falls said:
What? No Deadpool?

I mean, I can understand most of those characters. FF, Some X-Men even though those franchises are falling off a bit. I think we went a little ape on the Spider-Man villains, but they are the most recognizable. But Mystique? Elektra? Does anyone really give a crap about those two?
A pity they left out Deadpool. He's the only non Capcom character to use SHORYUKEN! He's THAT cool.
In all honesty, I'd rather see Squirrel Girl than Elektra or Mystique.
Mystique has one of the coolest powers and birthed Nightcrawler.

I like her quite a bit. I do agree that Elektra was never a really interesting character.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
What? No Deadpool?

I mean, I can understand most of those characters. FF, Some X-Men even though those franchises are falling off a bit. I think we went a little ape on the Spider-Man villains, but they are the most recognizable. But Mystique? Elektra? Does anyone really give a crap about those two? I mean you could given those spots to Deadpool, Dr. Doom, Cable, Cyclops, Namor... I could do this all day.
I know right! We need more deadpool. Besides his...wit.... would be PERFECT here!

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
theultimateend said:
In all honesty, I'd rather see Squirrel Girl than Elektra or Mystique.
Mystique has one of the coolest powers and birthed Nightcrawler.

I like her quite a bit. I do agree that Elektra was never a really interesting character.
Mystique would have made more sense about ten years ago, when X-Men had bumped Spider-Man and Fantastic Four as Marvel's flagship franchise. During this time, just about every X-Men character, no matter how minor, was getting huge publicity. So much so that 70% of marvel characters ended up being mutants and Marvel ended up stripping all the superfluous mutants of their powers.

But Elektra was never anything more than a side-character/love interest to Daredevil. The only reason they made a movie for her was to hastily cash in on the modest success of the Daredevil movie. And Elektra was the biggest bomb that Marvel Studios has produced yet. Of course Elektra struggles to keep up with characters like Black Cat or Multiple Man as far as prevalence in the Marvel Universe goes. Which makes any attempt to push her that more perplexing.
I've never cared about the movies success for anything :). Always will be a comic nerd at heart. In that respect Mystique was intriguing to me, Elektra never came off as anything but boring.

Possibly because when I was little I had played a lot of Mortal Kombat and thought that Mileena did Elektra better than Elektra did.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
I just hope they are for Free, cause i didn't buy the Game-of-the-year edition just for an unfinished game !!!

i know... i'm hard to please...

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
theultimateend said:
I've never cared about the movies success for anything :). Always will be a comic nerd at heart. In that respect Mystique was intriguing to me, Elektra never came off as anything but boring.

Possibly because when I was little I had played a lot of Mortal Kombat and thought that Mileena did Elektra better than Elektra did.
The movies are there to give characters mainstream appeal. Like they did for Iron Man and totally failed to do for Ghost Rider. The funny thing about that was that Iron Man was always a character of high importance to the Marvel Universe, he just wasn't a household name. After all Iron Man is the Marvel equivalent of Batman. (Dead dad, rich industrialist, lots of gadgets, no super powers other than being smarter than bloody Einstein.)

I'm just saying that Elektra never had any kind of value to the Marvel universe and probably never will. And it's confusing how much Marvel is in denial of that.
No arguments to be made on that.

Only point I have left is I love Iron Man :D. Downey plays him perfectly.