Gaze in Terror at the Awesome Halo Elite Animatronic Costume

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Gaze in Terror at the Awesome Halo Elite Animatronic Costume

Move over crazy papercraft and modified Nerf guns: Someone's created an awesome life-sized Halo Elite animatronic costume.

The Halo games have given rise to a movement of homemade props and mods over the past few years, with some truly spectacular examples of craftsmanship popping up every now and then. The latest piece of work to appear on the Web, however, blows everything we've seen prior to this out of the water: a fully animatronic, life-sized, Elite soldier costume.

The costume was designed by Pete Mander FX, a small special effects studio in Niagra Falls, Canada. According to Mander's website, he's a self-trained artist who never took a class. That makes this creation all the more impressive, especially when you watch the video at right and see just how much effort into it. More importantly, the end of the movie (where you see someone walking around in the seven-foot costume) is particularly stunning.

Seeing as how the video ends on a "to be continued" note, it sounds like studio is working on some other big projects in the Halo universe. Based on the quality so far, hoping for a fully-functional Banshee aircraft doesn't seem too unreasonable.

Source: MTV Multiplayer

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I look forward to seeing the completed version, it looks very impressive indeed.

I do sometimes wish I had the patience and talent for something like that, although admittedly I'd make a Pip-Boy, Aperture Science Hand-held Portal Device and a Big Daddy suit.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
3 Guesses what they're going as to the Halo: Reach Launch Party?

Honestly, this is probably to most awesome thing to come out of the Halo Universe that I've seen. Another awesome find!

Calumon: Bet people can't find me on the internet! ^^

blinkgun96

Dec 15, 2008
I have seen glimpses of this while peeking from the hedgebrush. It definately is the one of the coolest things I've seen.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Do. Want.

Better add this to my list of unreachable items, such as the Xbox 360 Laptop and that Iron Man suit.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
The people making the Halo movie (if they even are anymore) would be fools not to hire this guy.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
That was very impressive work. I looke forward to seeing the final product.

MissPixxie

Mar 15, 2010
Wow... I wish I had the talent to make something like that, I'm so impressed. Amazing job guys! It's AMAZING what people can do when they put their mind to it.

The Rookie Gamer said:
Imagine walking into Gamestop with that...
Also, this.

sunami88

Jun 23, 2008
This is rather old... I would've sworn I read about it here too...

Doesn't make it any less awesome, though.

Jaker the Baker

Guild Warrior
Nov 9, 2009
Oh, fuck XD I didn't even know how the BIG studios did stuff like this, awesome to see two guys pulling it off here :O

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Holy shit thats tall!

Its good when people make these to scale, The elites become so much more intimidating.

Would be nice to see if the face moves, and if they could get it to "talk".

I have an Epic want nao.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
That guy is amazing- talk about detailed- did anyone get a look at his intricate notes?

Fantastic work coming from someone who's self taught.

The sheer level of detail is mind blowing! I hope he gets picked up for a launch party!