Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 24

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 24

The Bree-Men call him Strider; Lulzy just giggles and races to the auction house.

Read Full Article

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT

At the end, the thrilling conclusion? WTF? Is it ending so soon?

Eviljesse

May 14, 2010
END!?! NOOOOOOoooooooo...... She needs to adventure forever. I love this series. I wait for 9am Wed. just to read it then go play lotro after.

Phantomess

Sep 19, 2009
End!? Oh no no no no no... please don't leave me here! Lulzy is fantastic! How can you leave us all hanging like that!? Surely Strider will require a plucky young gel to solve mysteries with!?

lesterley

Jul 25, 2008
"Why don't you try that move on me you chickenshit team-killing clodpole?"

Can I use that as my next email sig line? That made me laugh so hard that my tea came out my nose! Ow!

Leslee

PS - Having the NPC follow the player could be done in an instance area, but doing it in open world would be tough. The NPC would essentially become the player's pet, requiring that the player know exactly where they're going. It would also require a means of preventing the player from just walking off aimlessly with the NPC in tow.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Ah, yes. I know if I was facing a supernatural serial killer I'd take the route through darkened caves filled with possible ambush spots and choke points rather than the sunlit overland route with wide open spaces.

The THRILLING CONCLUSION to the ADVENTURES OF LULZY!
Aww.:/ Oh well, the narrative had to come to an end. Will Lulzy spend her days in a pub ranting about how the so-called defenders of the common man are all complete morons? Will she be commiserating with other retired heroes like the once-great Star on Chest? Or will she decide that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb? Will she put in a resume at Mordor? Stay tuned!

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
You looted Ren's corpse, right?

Finally got those clothes, huh, it's about time :). Bummer that the story is coming to a close, but maybe we'll get a new game in the coming weeks?

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Nicely done!
But is the next one truly the last? That would be kinda sad since I've been enjoying these. Well, all things come to an end.

VulakAerr

Mar 31, 2010
Formica Archonis said:
Or will she decide that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb?
Awesome Spaceballs reference. I'm very upset that Lulzy is finishing. Hilarious through and through. Also, this was a particularly funny episode. Particularly the last 3 pages.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Darth_Dude said:
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT

At the end, the thrilling conclusion? WTF? Is it ending so soon?
It ends because Lulzy's finally met a competent person! Her quest for intelligence is at an end!

Right? that's what she's been in search of all this time?

MsBarrows

Mar 16, 2010
This episode had me howling, but seeing you mention a conclusion has me sad-faced - I've been loving Lulzy's adventures and looking forward to them with great anticipation every week. I know it had to end sooner or later, but I've been hoping for a "later". Much later. Much, much later!

BloodSquirrel

Jun 23, 2008
lesterley said:
PS - Having the NPC follow the player could be done in an instance area, but doing it in open world would be tough. The NPC would essentially become the player's pet, requiring that the player know exactly where they're going. It would also require a means of preventing the player from just walking off aimlessly with the NPC in tow.
You put an indicator on the map. The player finds where he's going the same way he finds all his other objectives.

MattRooney06

Apr 15, 2009
CONCLUSION!!!

but this is like the only thing i do on the escapist!! (excluding ZP, EP, SP and foruming)