War for Cybertron May Transform Into More Games

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
War for Cybertron May Transform Into More Games

Hot on the heels of War for Cybertron, Activision is in negotiations with High Moon Studios to work on more Transformers games.

Up until now, the Transformers games have been a lot like the Michael Bay films: They're either forgettable bubble gum experiences or pretty terrible. High Moon Studios came out of nowhere with <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-War-Cybertron-Xbox-360/dp/B0030HIULQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1277914761&sr=1-1>Transformers: War for Cybertron, which &mdash <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/7768-Review-Transformers-War-for-Cybertron>as John Funk noted in his review &mdash is a ton of crazy fun. In some welcome news for Autobot and Decepticon fans, the developer has revealed that it's talking to Activision about working on more Transformers titles.

Speaking at BotCon, developers Aaron Archer and Matt Tieger (who work at High Moon) revealed that the future of the series isn't set in stone, but they're working with Activision to develop more games starring everyone's favorite giant robots. "We are talking with Activision about the future," Archer stated. "Please buy the game to support it."

Archer proceeded to make a statement that will undoubtedly set the internet on fire, saying he'd like to make a Twisted Metal-like game starring the Transformers. "My job is to listen to fans, Hasbro, gamers about what people want," he said. "I filter by what's achieveable and what makes sense for story. I can't say yes or no but as we move forward, we will put what's right for the game in the game."

A combat racing game set in the Transformers universe sounds like a killer idea, but I'd be happy to just see another Transformers game helmed by High Moon. If you're a fan of the cartoons and/or movies but haven't played War for Cybertron, go out and pick it up.

Source: <a href=http://tformers.com/transformers-/13781/news.html>Tformers via <a href=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/more-transformers-games-coming>Eurogamer

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
How about a sequal set on multiple planets, like Quintessa and Junkion, and include thier inhabitants. If they could also put in Wreck-Gar with the latest T.V talk, that would be worth the price alone. Also include Kup, SixShot, Fortress Maximus, Scorponok, Metroplex etc and some of the Gestalt teams (Devastator, Superion, Menasaur and Defensor are musts).

Kiithid

Aug 12, 2009
Radeonx said:
Good. Because War for Cybertron is awesome.
Except the wii port of course, it's fun and all, but damn a railshooter.
That game made me wish I had a xbox just to play it.

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
YES!! War for Cybertron is awesome, and I have high hopes that High Moon can do it again. I'm not sure where it will happen, since the game doesn't really leave room for a sequel unless we pick it up on earth, but then there's always other stories to tell. Even while the cyertronians were sleeping it off on earth, Unicron, the quintessons, and various other races were still out there.

Rect Pola

May 19, 2009
OceanRunner said:
How about a sequal set on multiple planets, like Quintessa and Junkion, and include thier inhabitants. If they could also put in Wreck-Gar with the latest T.V talk, that would be worth the price alone. Also include Kup, SixShot, Fortress Maximus, Scorponok, Metroplex etc and some of the Gestalt teams (Devastator, Superion, Menasaur and Defensor are musts).
I've never saw a problem with pre-Earth Great War expanding to other worlds. Even untamed organic worlds would work. Since natural landscapes rarely make good roads, just getting around would be fodder for "special units" with pre-Beast Era animal modes. Dinobots in a boss fight with Predaking anyone?

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Rect Pola said:
OceanRunner said:
I've never saw a problem with pre-Earth Great War expanding to other worlds. Even untamed organic worlds would work. Since natural landscapes rarely make good roads, just getting around would be fodder for "special units" with pre-Beast Era animal modes. Dinobots in a boss fight with Predaking anyone?
I dunno sounds like adding too many complications to me. Junkion and that could give extra flavour but having to have non-vehicle transfortmations as well as the standard forms could really end badly if you need to change on the fly.

Rect Pola

May 19, 2009
manythings said:
I dunno sounds like adding too many complications to me. Junkion and that could give extra flavour but having to have non-vehicle transfortmations as well as the standard forms could really end badly if you need to change on the fly.
True true, the two concepts probably wouldn't play well together. At least not in the same game.

Tarakos

May 21, 2009
This comes as no surprise, but I wouldn't mind a sequel. I'm not sure they could make a successful TF game w/out the lead characters, so I dunno about a story set on "Junkion," or whatever. I'm not too familiar with TF lore here, so I dunno, maybe there's a great story somewhere. They could even make a new story with the lead characters and make that canon too. Whatever, I'll take any sequel they can make. Not sure about a Twised Metal feel though. Could work, I just wouldn't play it.

FaceFaceFace

Nov 18, 2009
I don't know about a sequel. I'd like to see them experiment more with the license. I want to see a game that integrates the tight gameplay of War for Cybertron, the exploration of the PS2 Transformers Armada game, and the ability to scan and chose from a variety of vehicle transformatons like in the DS games for the first Bay movie.

Jun 15, 2009
I truly don't get it. I played through the entire game and I found it to be completely uninspiring. The only interesting part about it was the transforming gimmick and I could've got that from any transformer game out so far.
This game was to me what 'Knight and Day' was to moviebob. Just - nothing. Im curious, is it the transformers logo on everything that makes everyone go ga-ga, or am I the only person who thought the storyline was boring, the script dreadful and the gameplay dull?