Question of the Day, July 1, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, July 1, 2010

The third installment of the Twilight saga, Eclipse opened Wednesday in theaters everywhere. Will you be lining up to see it?

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
I'm going to see it on Saturday, with my sister >.>
She invited me to this one, and took me to see the other two, so why not?
They're entertaining, which is the point.

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
The only way I will ever see this movie is by borrowing the DVD from someone else (so they don't get my money) and watching it with the Rifftrax commentary.

DuplicateValue

Jun 25, 2009
How come there's no "Yes, because I'm mildy interested and might as well see how it turns out" option?

That'd cover me.

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
Nope. Not my kind of movie. I won't be hating on it like a lot of people as I haven't seen the others

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Nope.
I don't like going to the cinema. Stupid Surround sound shit always fucks with my head.
Besides, it has sparkling vampires. That's just wrong.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
It's a film for teenage girls. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but that's who it's for. That doesn't cover me (as far as I can tell). However, my girlfriend is dragging me to see it.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
I work at a cinema and so I'll probably have to sit in on it to shut people up. If only there was a Rifftrax for the theatrical release.

Jackalb

Dec 31, 2009
I've seen the first two I can't suddenly try to forget the story and just guess what happens.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
I'd rather watch my 60 year old mother having sex with Mickey Rourke live on Fox news with Bill O'Reilly giving a running commentary.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
Question is rather, why would I? There is plenty of movies out there to watch, plenty of tv series, and most importantly plenty of good books to read for me to bother with one purely commercial creation.

Im not interested in it, it's not something I could even remotely enjoy, so why would I even care it's out?

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
Despite that, after reading some reviews and noticing who directs the whole thing, my naive hopes that it features 30 Days of Night Style Vampire Violence have gotten a push, my common sense will prevent me from actually seeing it.

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
This really is more of a rethorical poll, given what I've observed of the Escapist community.

Having said that, if someone dragged me to it I would watch it...perhaps only so as to witness wether these movies really are as bad as everyone decries them of being.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
No.

Also, is this Eclipse thing really such a big deal that there has to be at least one item in the news ticker for it each day? I mean, not even the biggest games, except maybe WoW, get this much coverage from this site.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Bah, I'll probably see it with a DVD. It will probably be a laugh festival like Jennifer's Body.

Man, that film was hilarious. I'm serious. Pick some friends and beers and try to make jokes at the movie. You'll have a fantastic time.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
I'd rather throw my money into a puddle of stale toilet water. And then drink the water. And pee it out and drink again, until I get kidney damage or something.

There are 50 movie I know that are better to watch.

BlueHighwind

Jan 24, 2010
No, I want watch Twilight 3. But here a couple vampire movies that I think I might actually watch instead, every one of them are far superior to any Twilight Movie:

1. From Dusk Till Dawn
2. Near Dark
3. Fright Night
4. John Carpenter's Vampires
5. Dracula (the classic original)
6. Vampire's Kiss
7. Dracula 2000
8. Daybreakers
9. Bram Stoker's Dracula
10. 'Salem's Lot (original)
11. Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein (Dracula is there)
12. the entire Hellsing anime
13. the entire Blood+ anime
14. all of True Blood
15. I Am Legend
16. Dracula Dead and Lovin' It
17. Martin
etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Artemus_Cain

May 20, 2009
No. I'd rather shove my genetals in a meat grinder than sit through one of these awful, evil, stupid fucking movies ever again.