Team Fortress 2 Gets Attacked By Laser Cats

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Team Fortress 2 Gets Attacked By Laser Cats

The Laser Cats are back, but this time they're in a videogame and actually funny.

The "Laser Cats" sketch has <a href=http://www.hulu.com/watch/121061/saturday-night-live-digital-short-laser-cats-5>gotten pretty played out on Saturday Night Live, not that that's stopped the show from continuing to keep on making new performances. Even though the concept isn't that funny on TV anymore, it still has the potential to spread some laughter elsewhere, like Team Fortress 2.

A custom map in [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=60820] featured an unlockable sequence where giant feline cardboard cutouts rose out of the ground and started firing lasers at all the players. While players were confused by the situation at first, you can hear them laughing and loving the epic nature of the scenario.

"The Kittygeddon was indeed set up by me," said YouTube user Thecorp303, "and named 'achievement_all_v4' was released on my server under the name of 'House of matsys_regressiontest' (later renamed 'Grind for stuff') starting June 19th and ran it once every day until I posted this video. In the future I might make some tutorials on Map-based particles."

Personally, I think it's kind of awesome that a user in TF2 was able to take something that was never terribly funny from Saturday Night Live and make it a riot.

Source: Geeks are Sexy

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Well, I could imagine this is fun the first few times, but it'd get boring after a while.

Still, good effort on the part of the creator.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Ah yes, I remember playing this with the Halolz folks, nice group of people.

Now however, everybody's sick of the map, really, it had it's run about a week ago, but people asking for "the cat map" get a collective groan as a response on that server...

Good times...

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
Wasn't there are thread a while ago. With the same thing?
This may be put together better, but oh well. Perhaps I R Rong

Anyways, it looks like it'd get a bit boring after a while, but cool idea.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
Sounds like a laugh, but also sounds like it would get very boring very fast. I still should one day get tf2, or half life 2, or CS:S. I still have cs1.6 somewhere around here, damn I did love that game back in the day.

DarkPanda XIII

Nov 3, 2009
....>.>. I can see it being funny like once or twice, but doing it over and over would make it tiring pretty quick, x.x

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Looks interesting, perhaps I'll give TF2 a try again.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
its fun the first two times you play it, but when a server reset is required every time you go blind, and you realize there isn't much more to it than fancy death, it gets old quick. if the cat had HP and had a chance of being killed, would be SO RAD.

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
This does sound amusing, actually. If only the Steam servers would let me play TF2 :/