Pre-Order Shattered Dimensions on Amazon, Play as the Iron Spider

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Pre-Order Shattered Dimensions on Amazon, Play as the Iron Spider

The battle for unlockable superhero content begins! Amazon has announced the "Iron Spider" costume as an exclusive pre-order deal for the Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions.

The "Iron Spider" outfit was never my favorite look on Peter Parker. Then again, there was very little about Marvel's "Civil War" storyline that I actually enjoyed. Still, the outfit Tony Stark designed for Spider-Man was certainly visually interesting, which is probably why Amazon is offering to provide customers with an unlock code for the costume if they pre-order <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Shattered-Dimensions-Xbox-360/dp/B003ESDQW4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278009355&sr=1-2>Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions.

If gamers decide to pre-order the game from the online retailer, they'll be provided with an art book that will include a code to unlock the Iron Spider costume to be used in the 2099 world. No real details about if this costume will provide a different play experience, since the costume came with some mechanical arms that gave Spidey some new abilities.

GameStop has revealed that Captain Universe will be unlockable for players who pre-order the game. While I'm not exactly a fan of gamers having to pre-order a game from specific retailers to gain access to specific content, I'm hoping for more unlockable costumes that Spidey will be able to wear.

Spider-Man has had some awesome outfits over the years (as well as some terrible ones). I was always a fan of the Dusk and Richochet costumes from his "Identity Crisis" storyline. What about you? What costume would you like to see make an appearance in Shattered Dimensions?

Source: Joystiq

SilverHammerMan

Jul 26, 2009
Zombie Spider-Man, for the Marvel Noir levels, and since I'm dreaming it would replace all the stealth moves with Spidey devouring his victims brains. I won't be pre-ordering this game though, I might rent it or pick it up on the cheap in a few months.
Anyone know what the fourth Spidey dimension will be? My guess is maybe Age of Apocalypse for post-apocalyptic (Pun DEFINITELY intended.) fun or maybe House of M. I don't know. Any guesses?

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
Nimbus said:
This is the first I have heard of this game.
Same, but now I'm excited for it.

SilverHammerMan said:
Zombie Spider-Man, for the Marvel Noir levels, and since I'm dreaming it would replace all the stealth moves with Spidey devouring his victims brains. I won't be pre-ordering this game though, I might rent it or pick it up on the cheap in a few months.
Anyone know what the fourth Spidey dimension will be? My guess is maybe Age of Apocalypse for post-apocalyptic (Pun DEFINITELY intended.) fun or maybe House of M. I don't know. Any guesses?
Maybe Mutant X? I think it would be fun to play as a six-armed spidey.

Edit: After watching the E3 trailer, I think the last dimension will be something involving Venom, because the Symbiote is shown at the end of the trailer, as a teaser for the next dimension.

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Deef said:
Maybe Mutant X? I think it would be fun to play as a six-armed spidey.

Edit: After watching the E3 trailer, I think the last dimension will be something involving Venom, because the Symbiote is shown at the end of the trailer, as a teaser for the next dimension.[/quote]

I'm guessing Spider-Girl. She's way too popular of an IP for Marvel to just ignore.

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
My main question is why is the Iron Spider costume limited to the 2099 levels? That makes no sense at all. It had nothing to do with that universe.

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Not G. Ivingname said:
vansau said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
Anybody else thinks that it kind of looks like vanasu's Avatar?
Am I supposed to be insulted by that?
No, just that the costume has the same color scheme that your robot does.
...yeah, you're kinda right. Damn.

Here's the illustration [http://www.flickr.com/photos/strangerpassings/2888699667/in/set-72157606006007537/] I cropped it down from. I even gave the poor bastard extra arms.

OK, I ADMIT IT! I SECRETLY LOVE THE IRON SPIDER!

Vet2501

Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger
Nov 9, 2009
Might want to mention that this offer only appears to be open to America, just checked Amazon.co.uk and there is no mention of this, sorely dissappointed.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I hope the fourth one is a Zombie!

I don't realy like the idea of not being able to get everything in the game, depending on who you preorder from.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
vansau said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
vansau said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
Anybody else thinks that it kind of looks like vanasu's Avatar?
Am I supposed to be insulted by that?
No, just that the costume has the same color scheme that your robot does.
...yeah, you're kinda right. Damn.

Here's the illustration [http://www.flickr.com/photos/strangerpassings/2888699667/in/set-72157606006007537/] I cropped it down from. I even gave the poor bastard extra arms.

OK, I ADMIT IT! I SECRETLY LOVE THE IRON SPIDER!
Admitting is the first step...

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Ohhhh! Shinny! Well, certainly something intresting...seems Pre-Order bonuses are all the thing at the moment