Question of the Day, July 7, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, July 7, 2010

As John Funk so aptly put it, underwater levels "tend to suck, and suck hard." I think we can all agree, but which game has the absolute worst underwater level?

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
I said Mario, simply because it's the only one I can actually remember being frustrated with.

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
Mega Man something...There were so many I cant remember but it was on the PSone. It was damn near endless. You had keep finding tool after tool get out of the water and no infinte breath.

EDIT: Mega man legends 2. Hurray for wikipedia

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Water Temple...oh god that water temple! ...it can dissapear forever for all I care!!

commasplice

Dec 24, 2009
Underwater levels never really bothered me. Not because of the water or anything, at least. Does that one level of Conker's BFD where you have to escape the electrified water count? That shit was frustrating as all dick.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Banjo Kazooie.

Clanker's Cavern can die. The water part was bad, the out of water part was bad, too!

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Sonic, for this reason:

As soon as you hear it, a frantic panic takes over you and you cant help but scream at the TV "Gimmie some fucking bubbles!" Especially when youre stood on a bubble patch and waiting for one.

Mr_Ninja_Pirate

May 4, 2010
Distorted Stu said:
Sonic, for this reason:

As soon as you hear it, a frantic panic takes over you and you cant help but scream at the TV "Gimmie some fucking bubbles!" Especially when youre stood on a bubble patch and waiting for one.
This gives me chills whenever I hear it. Truly, the underwater levels in this game were terrifying.

sunburst

Media Snob
Mar 19, 2010

I'd go into more detail about why this level can fuck off straight to hell, but it would quickly devolve into incoherent swearing.

Manicotti

Apr 10, 2009
I'm not surprised that the Legend of Zelda (currently) has the most votes. The one in Majora's Mask was torture.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I really don't like the Mario underwater levels. Changing up everything like that makes is no fun, and much slower.

aithilin

Jul 4, 2009
Legend of Zelda: I wouldn't say "worst", but it was always the one I had the most difficulty with.

Yaxley

Sep 23, 2009
sunburst313 said:

I'd go into more detail about why this level can fuck off straight to hell, but it would quickly devolve into incoherent swearing.
Yes. This was the one I was thinking of as well. I'm not sure I ever successfully finished it.