Shoot Your Friends in First Person Mega Man

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Shoot Your Friends in First Person Mega Man

Hold onto your hats, Mega Man fans! A newly-released Doom mod is letting you step into the blue guy's boots and shoot up your friends.

Remember that <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.159323-Mega-Man-Mod-Pits-Mega-Buster-Against-Mega-Buster>Mega Man mod for Doom II that took everyone by surprise last December? If your reaction to the revelation was an overwhelming desire to pick up a copy of the game, then good news: The demo of Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch has been released to the public.

Mike Hill, the mod's creator, announced the demo release on his website yesterday. "It didn't take long before people wanted to take the SGC demo home and play it over the internet," Hill explained. "Instead of being all exclusive, I decided to just let it go and release the damn thing for people to download and play with their friends."

The demo consists of substantially more than what was on display last year. There are a total of four maps available, over ten different weapons (faithfully recreated from the <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Mega-Man-Zero-Collection-Nintendo-DS/dp/B003FBL86Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278606879&sr=8-1>Mega Man series. The best part, though, is that the download size is only 28 MB and doesn't require a copy of Doom to play.

Source: Joystiq

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
Haha! That is pretty awesome. Perhaps I have a reason to pick up Doom after all.

RangerSERE

May 14, 2010
Yes this is a bit old, and yes its just Doom with mega man skins...take what you will from that.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Wasn't this in the news weeks ago? I know I've seen it somewhere before here on the 'Scapist... Well, I guess it kinda was, but I coulda sworn that version showed multiplayer footage then.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Looks like alot of fun! Megaman! FPS Style! alll right~

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Nimbus said:
You already did a newspost about this back in December.
That was a very rough public alpha that was released; it was really limited and required a copy of Doom to run. I linked to it in the start of the article.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
RangerSERE said:
Yes this is a bit old, and yes its just Doom with mega man skins...take what you will from that.
Nimbus said:
READ THE DAMN ARTICLE!! THEN post your thoughts.

Honestly, you guys look like complete morons calling him out on something that he already points-out IN THE FIRST SENTENCE, especially when the very next sentence explains why this isn't old news. (Mind that I don't consider the bold-face blurb to be part of the article so-much as a teaser from the new post page)

RangerSERE

May 14, 2010
WhiteTigerShiro said:
RangerSERE said:
Nimbus said:
READ THE DAMN ARTICLE!! THEN post your thoughts.

Honestly, you guys look like complete morons calling him out on something that he already points-out IN THE FIRST SENTENCE, especially when the very next sentence explains why this isn't old news. (Mind that I don't consider the bold-face blurb to be part of the article so-much as a teaser from the new post page)
"you guys look like complete morons"

Says the boy taking things too seriously on an obscure internet forum for like minded teenagers...interesting. I cant be bothered to argue with you, have fun being what you are.

ficarra1002

Jul 10, 2010
@RangerSERE, in the nicest way possible, know your stuff before talking crap. Its hardly doom at all. It has a load of weapons coded in, and new maps, etc. etc.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
RangerSERE said:
"you guys look like complete morons"

Says the boy taking things too seriously on an obscure internet forum for like minded teenagers...interesting. I cant be bothered to argue with you, have fun being what you are.
D'aww... how cute. He's using the "pretend not to take forums seriously because I got called-out on something" stance, followed by the high-horse "I'm too good to argue with you" counter-jab. It's just so textbook, but he says it with such a straight face I can't help but find it adorable. Oh, and it was a nice touch calling one of the bigger gaming websites around an "obscure internet forum", really brings-out that "holier than thou" attitude of the over-all post.

News Flash: If you're posting on here, then you're no better than anyone else here. ;P But whatever, I guess if it helps you sleep at night pretending to be better than someone you know nothing about, go nuts. No skin off my back.