Dead Space 2 Prequel Infecting XBL & PSN This Fall

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Dead Space 2 Prequel Infecting XBL & PSN This Fall

EA is bringing a new game to Xbox Live and PlayStation Network that will fill in the gaps between Dead Space and Dead Space 2.

Fans of <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Space-Platinum-Hits-Xbox-360/dp/B000X1PE16/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278697212&sr=8-1>Dead Space have something new to look forward to before next year's release of Dead Space 2. EA has revealed that a new game set in the Dead Space universe &mdash Dead Space Ignition &mdash will be coming to Xbox Live and PSN in a few months.

Dead Space Ignition is planned to bridge the stories of Dead Space and Dead Space 2. At the start of Dead Space 2, Isaac Clarke is still alive after the first game's cliffhanger, although he's surrounded by Necromorphs and has no idea how he wound up there. Ignition, in turn, will explain what happened prior to this.

Ignition will feature a "comic-style" storyline and include hacking minigames. According to EA, these minigames are a, "fun and satisfying arcade experience that will challenge players with puzzles and twitch gameplay." There are going to be four different endings, and completing the game will unlock exclusive items in Dead Space 2 (including a special suit of armor).

Exactly what EA means by "comic-style" plot isn't really certain, but the game's script was written by <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antony_Johnston>Antony Johnston, who has penned both popular novels and comic series.

Dead Space Ignition has been announced for this Fall, well before Dead Space 2's January launch, but nothing more specific has been revealed. No price for the game has been revealed, either. Personally, I'm not sure about the hacking minigames, but as long as the game is more enjoyable than Dead Space: Downfall I'll consider it a win.

Source: Industry Gamers

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
............Cool. I need to finish the first Dead Space though.

It's awesome. This should be pretty cool.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
vansau said:
but as long as the game is more enjoyable than Dead Space: Downfall I'll consider it a win.
You know I was planing of seeing that it looked interesting.

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Marik2 said:
vansau said:
but as long as the game is more enjoyable than Dead Space: Downfall I'll consider it a win.
Don't. At E3 last year, I learned that even EA didn't like the movie. Why do you think they're not doing movies with Film Roman anymore?

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
vansau said:
Marik2 said:
vansau said:
Don't. At E3 last year, I learned that even EA didn't like the movie. Why do you think they're not doing movies with Film Roman anymore?
Wow didnt know EA wouldn't like something from their own franchise, well thanks for telling me that ^_^

GoGo_Boy

May 12, 2010
Yeah Dead Space: Downfall was awful. When such a movie got less than a third amount of plot than the game there's something wrong. And so few connections between this shitty movie and the actual game, blargh.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Sweet!
I just beat Dead Space at a friends house the other day and im Hungry for more.

Aside from the Power Suit from Metroid, i thought the R.I.G. was the coolest Powered Armor EVER.
I especially liked the way the Menus worked and the Objective Path.
And the Health Bar being an actual part of the suit was nice.

Plus its was awesome that all of his weapons were really just Mining and Welding Equipment.
(Except for the Pulse Rifle, but that's a download)
Hopefully ill have a PS3 by the time it comes out.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
what was wrong with deadspace downfall?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
GoGo_Boy said:
Worgen said:
The plot and everything else.
what was wrong with the plot and everything else?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Wewt! Something to get my fix with =D Should be fun to mess aroundwith Issac again!

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Please close your entities!

Dead Space universe &amp;mdash Dead Space Ignition &amp;mdash will be coming should obviously be Dead Space universe &amp;mdash; Dead Space Ignition &amp;mdash; will be coming

^.^

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Worgen said:
Here's the review [http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2008/11/dead-space-downfall-is-at-least-better-than-max-payne.ars] I did when I wrote for Ars Technica. It was just a crap tie-in that followed a great game with other, better, tie-ins.

tarislan

Jan 25, 2010
Wouldn't a prequel to Dead Space 2 be, well, Dead Space 1? Can you even have a prequel to a sequel? The mind boggles.

Upbeat Zombie

Jun 29, 2010
How are they gonna make prequel between dead space 1 and 2 with the necromorphs?
I thought Issac didn't run into necromorphs again until the 2nd.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
What do they mean by "it will include hacking minigames"? Will it be a mini game compilation? Will it still be a shooter?