Darwinia+ Confirmed for XBLA

Logan Frederick

Aug 19, 2006
Darwinia+ Confirmed for XBLA

Darwinia and its upcoming sequel Multiwinia: Survival of the Flattest will be packaged together in one Xbox LIVE download.

After a listing on the ESRB website showed an E rating for Darwinia on the Xbox 360, rumormongers sought a confirmation from the games' developers, Introversion Software.

Introversion has confirmed [http://forums.introversion.co.uk/introversion/viewtopic.php?t=1368&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=8087035a7385969bd4c4d976267aea63] the game's listing on the company's forums. Darwinia+: Survival of the Flattest will be a downloadable Xbox LIVE Arcade title. This download will include two Introversion titles: action/real-time strategy hyrbrid Darwinia and upcoming title Multiwinia: Survival of the Flattest, an online multiplayer version of Darwinia that is currently in closed beta testing.

Creative Director Chris Delay opined on the opportunity to bring the company's products to consoles for the first time:
[blockquote]
When we first started Introversion back in 2001, the idea of developing our games for a console seemed an impossible challenge, and whilst we have built a fantastic community around our PC games, and will continue to support that, it has always been our dream to take the next step and produce a console title.

Multiwinia is the natural conclusion of what we started with Darwinia way back in 2002 and, with the launch of Live Arcade, Microsoft has presented us with a fantastic opportunity to get onto a rung of the console ladder. We're really looking forward to introducing Darwinia+ to a whole new audience. As announced, Multiwinia will also be released separately on the PC.[/blockquote]

Darwinia+: Survival of the Flattest is due out this August.

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
All over it. Without a doubt. I'm a huge fan of Introversion and Darwinia, and I'll be picking this up the day it hits the marketplace.

RobotLiberationArmy

Mar 26, 2008
As an Introversion cultist, I suppose I'll need to start thinking of witty and condescending things to say to the new generation of console-bound fans that will come from this.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Yay! An excuse to buy Darwinia again. Also, play it on the big telly without covering my laptop in wires and string.