Cosplaying Accordionist Performs Mortal Kombat Theme

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Cosplaying Accordionist Performs Mortal Kombat Theme

Ever wondered what the Mortal Kombat theme might sound like if it had a more nautical vibe? Probably not, but now you can find out anyway.

Regardless of what they might think of the movie itself, most people can agree that Mortal Kombat had a pretty cool theme song - a pounding techno song full of energy, the perfect accompaniment to a pitched martial arts battle.

Not quite so many, though, would suggest that it could be improved by playing it on an accordion, yet this version has a certain charm all the same and makes the theme sound a little like a sea shanty. The fact that the guy is dressed up like Scorpion just seems to be the icing on the cake.

As bizarre as this is, it's also pretty entertaining, and seeing how fast YouTube user Eowad [http://www.youtube.com/user/Eowad] operates the bellows towards the end is actually quite impressive.

Source: Geeks Are Sexy [http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2010/07/11/scorpion-plays-mortal-kombat-theme-on-an-accordion/]

scarab7

Jun 20, 2009
We'll game themes on the piano have been done to death; glad someone picked up and accordion. Another plus for it being mortal combat.

Arcticflame

Nov 7, 2006
Logan Westbrook said:
As bizarre as this is, it's also pretty entertaining, and seeing how fast YouTube user Eowad [http://www.youtube.com/user/Eowad] operates the bellows towards the end is actually quite impressive.
According to the comments, it isn't Eowad playing.

Emphraim

Mar 27, 2009
This is awesome, simply because the accordion is such a hard instrument to learn to play properly. I always got amazed watching my grandfather play on his, with the speed you need to operate the bellows in fast songs.
TheGreenManalishi said:
The eyes. He doesn't shut them!
Thanks to you, this was the one thing I paid attention to during the video. You're right, he doesn't blink at all. Quite impressive to be able to keep your eyes open for 50 seconds while playing an accordion.

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
I am glad that he decided to dress as such. because if he was not wearing a mask, he would never get laid, ever. Because of the accordion.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
I can't get the image of someone playing this while two pirates have a Mortal Kombat style pub brawl out of my mind!

Luckily, I don't want to...

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
WanderFreak said:
FOLK-TALITY!
Win comment is win.

I remember my friend playing this theme on his saxophone while we were still in band. Oddly enough, it didn't sound all that different...

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
He looked like he was having a seizure at the end. Never the less it was awesome and very funny.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Now thats impressive! hats off to him for that bellow work at the end! Fantastic!