Ryu Takes Up the Mic in Street Fighter High School Musical

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Ryu Takes Up the Mic in Street Fighter High School Musical

Why fight in the streets when you can settle things with a dance battle?

Back in April [http://www.capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/blog/2010/04/21/street_fighter_high_-_just_like_high_school,_only_hadoukenier], a group of Street Fighter fans made a silly little video that infused the classic fighter with a healthy dose of high-school drama. It was kind of like Smallville or Buffy, only with less Kryptonite or vampires and more Hadoukens.

It turns out that they same group is busy working on a sequel, only this time around things are getting, shall we say ... more melodious. The above video is the trailer for the follow-up, Street Fighter High: The Musical. You get a sense of what the full thing will be like really from the moment Dan Hibiki starts to apply chapstick and asks "Would you fight me? I'd fight me," and it only goes places from there. Strange, somehow appealing places.

No, you probably won't get to see Zac Efron take a Shoryuken to the face, but really, isn't this the next best thing?

(Capcom-Unity [http://www.capcom-unity.com/sprung64/blog/2010/07/12/new_trailer_for_street_fighter_high:_the_musical])

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
It... it...

For the first time in my life I dont know what to think, im scared...

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Im not too sure what to say about that...but...im scared lol. I can never look at Ryu the same way again!

random123456789

Sir Grand Boogie Master
Mar 17, 2009
well this is ... ermmm ... yeah ...
this is going to be a either EPIC!!!!! or FAIL!!!!
hopefully EPIC!!!!

SnugglesPanda

Apr 4, 2010
They already released a 10 minute video of just them in high school, not the musical part. I thought it was pretty funny.

Rarhnor

Jun 2, 2010
Kill it already. Stop it. For GOD's sake, do SOMETHING!

As wrong as it is, the fact that it was funny, wierded me out a bit.

Polarix

Jul 3, 2009
Wow, I have only one reaction to that.
Now excuse me while I go on murderous rampage and kill all who is responsible for this travesty of a video and the entire cast of High School Musical for making it possible that this... thing exsists.

Nah, I'm just joking I can't do that but it still makes me mad that this exists.

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
I have to say, the first video (the non-musical one), the guy who played Dhalsim just walked off with the entire show, utterly destroyed everyone else's performances in comparison.

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
This will either be hilarious or one of the worst videos ever made.

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
OK. Who else feels unbelivebly nerd right now for thinking this is funny?

maddog015

Sep 12, 2008
I think it looks hilarious and completely over the top. Going to watch the original video to see how that one was.

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
"Hadou-kan't miss"?
Oh, dear, it hurts already. Lord, give me strength to make it through the rest of this alive...

Aaaand now that I've finished it...
That actually wasn't as bad as I had first figured. Juri and the Dolls were a nice touch. And why do I feel like I should know that guy dressed as Bison from somewhere else?

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Wow... I say god damn...

The worst part? Some people here honestly think that blasphemous nonsense up there is better than, say, this:
Or this:
I swear... people...

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
SageRuffin said:
Wow... I say god damn...

The worst part? Some people here honestly think that blasphemous nonsense up there is better than, say, this:
Or this:
I swear... people...
Oh, have a sense of humor. And then listen to this epicness [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100688-Rock-Out-With-A-Fantastic-52-Minute-Street-Fighter-Mix-Tape].