Pixar to Bring Some Toy Story Magic to Tron: Legacy

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Pixar to Bring Some Toy Story Magic to Tron: Legacy

Disney has hired the writers of The Incredibles and Toy Story 3 to help polish the upcoming Tron sequel.

If you had a script and you were looking for some help in tweaking it to make the best movie you could, you could do far worse than adding the writers of some the best loved family movies in recent history to your team.

As part of a planned series of reshoots, an early cut of Tron Legacy was shown to the folks at Pixar back in March by director Joe Kosinski, with the aim of getting their input on how to really make the film shine. Following this, Disney hired Brad Bird, the writer and director of The Incredibles, and Michael Arndt, who wrote the screenplay for the record-breaking Toy Story 3, to join the writing team and work on the movie's characters, emotion and theme.

"Tron [Legacy] is very much Joe Kosinski's vision, a vision which is thrilling to me and I hope is thrilling to the fans," said Disney's president of production Sean Bailey. "What I give Joe and the filmmaking team immense credit for, is this was all born out of how do we give the fans the best movie we can. We were very fortunate that Pixar wanted to play a part in it."

It's actually quite exciting to think that a movie that already looked pretty spectacular is getting some attention from such notable figures. Tron Legacy stars Jeff Bridges, Garret Hedlund and John Hurt, and is due to be released on December 17th.

Source: Hollywood Insider [http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/07/13/tron-legacy-michael-arndt-brad-bird] via Blastr [http://blastr.com/2010/07/pixars-geniuses-help-rewrite-reshoot-tron-legacy.php]

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Best. Executive choice. Ever.
First they hire Joe Kosinski, now they put Brad Bird on this.
Just for that combination I'm seeing this, despite never seeing the original.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Yay.

I do question how they'll cope with something that's a little more mature. Then again, this is Pixar, the God's of variety and creativity. If anyone can do it, they can.

Calumon: I want to see the original.

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
Holy hell. Well...it's official then. I gotta take some time off to watch the original Tron as well as the new one when it comes out.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
It's great that Tron: Legacy is getting these awesome people to help on the movie, but it does set up some possibilities of some inconsistencies if they're only planning to reshoot some of the scenes.

Regardless, I'm planning to watch this opening night/day!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Brad Bird is the man. He can make any story fantastic, even one about a rat that dreams of becoming a chef.

Tron: Legacy is looking a hell of a lot better now.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Just sitting and waiting patiently for this movie... Just sitting. I'm patient. You don't think I am do you? Well I am. I'm just sitting and waiting... Begging... Pleading... I need this movie now!

Femaref

May 4, 2008
Loonerinoes said:
Holy hell. Well...it's official then. I gotta take some time off to watch the original Tron as well as the new one when it comes out.
you might want to play Tron 2.0 as well, I for one enjoyed it immensely. Graphicswise it isn't up-to-date, but the story is quite nice, as well as the setting.

photog212

Oct 27, 2008
Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon said:
For somone who isn't old enough to remember Tron this looks like somthing that'll rock my world.
Now I feel really old. Thank you.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well, shows they want to put lots of good work into it, I can respect that. Hope it does pay off!

Apr 28, 2008
How to make good movies: Let Pixar do it.
Well there have been worse plans.

Tron + Pixar?

I think I speak for all when I say this:

[HEADING=1]FUCK YES![/HEADING]

Outamyhead

Feb 25, 2009
That explains the date being pushed back, I thought was due to sparkly vampires and overgrown wolves it got delayed.