The Escapist Staff's Summer Picks: Russ

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
The Escapist Staff's Summer Picks: Russ

Escapist Editor-in-Chief Russ Pitts picks four games for the summer.

Read Full Article

itf cho

Custom title? Bah! oh wait...
Jul 8, 2010
Considering the general poor reviews (6.5 on gamespot - PC) out there for Conviction - it's definitely not on my summer list. Maybe next summer when it's down to half price.

Daymo

And how much is this Pub Club?
May 18, 2008
So annoyed that I didn't pick up the introvison pack during the steam sales. Paypal took one day too long to transfer the money over so I missed out.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Love Uplink, its so different, and even today still holds up nicely!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Russ Pitts said:
once the fun of bouncing from rooftop to rooftop wore off
That wears off?!

Nice list, Russ.

My only problem with Conviction is that I beat it TWICE in 6 hours.

TWICE. 6 hours.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Good list, Russ. Played RDR and loved it, but the MP got old pretty fast, though the DLC looks good. Crackdown 2 has been good so far, and the co-op has just been CRAZY fun. Still haven't gotten SC: Conviction yet....I need to fix this.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Man, good choice of uplink! While, of course, being like... 9 years late to the party, that game is like digital cocaine. It's SO DAMN FUN.

Introversion is an amazing developer, it's just really a shame a lot of people ignored them!

obisean

May the Force Be With Me
Feb 3, 2009
itf cho said:
Considering the general poor reviews (6.5 on gamespot - PC) out there for Conviction - it's definitely not on my summer list. Maybe next summer when it's down to half price.
Look at the 360/PS3 version reviews for the review of the actual gameplay. The 6.5 scores and such are there because of the DRM and any possible release bugs that have since been worked out (they even added voice), not the actual game.

Tiswas

Jun 9, 2010
Damn Uplink! That brings me way back. It was awesome in short bursts. Although I recall it getting old very quickly.

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
I'm a little disappointed, there's nothing on here that I hadn't really formed an opinion about/already purchased. I guess I should be a little relieved because it will save me from an impulse buy.

The demo for Crackdown 2 didn't really sell me on it, but then again it is a demo. I might actually have to rent it now that I've heard your recommendation.

Evil the White

Apr 16, 2009
meganmeave said:
Good list. I'll have to check out Uplink. It sounds very interesting.
Do so. It is a fantastic game. It's amasing how addictive it can be. Also, Darwinia and DEFCON are great games too. I reccommend all three.

LifsAndlat

Jul 14, 2009
I picked up the introversion complete pack during the Steam sale, and I can honestly say that I have never spent a better five dollars in my life. All the games were absolutely brilliant.

R4di4ti0n.

Sep 11, 2009
How has it taken you this long to play Uplink?

Its one of my favorites, and far better than Darwinia or Defcon.