A Whopping 108-Artist-Strong List Revealed for DJ Hero 2

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
A Whopping 108-Artist-Strong List Revealed for DJ Hero 2

This fall, all of you would-be-heroic DJs will get to spin the tables with artists like Metallica, Eminem, Deadmau5 and Lady Gaga - all in one game.

Last fall, DJ Hero was released to bigger and hopefully better sequel [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/96108-Brutal-Legend-DJ-Hero-Ring-Up-Disappointing-Sales] on the way, slated for this holiday season.

Activision has just revealed the full list of all 108 artists whose songs will be smushed together in the upcoming sequel, and - as you might expect from such a high number - it's, shall we say, a rather eclectic mix. Would you have ever expected a music game to star both Prodigy and the Jackson 5? Yeah, me neither.

[blockquote] * 2Pac
* 50 Cent
* Adamski
* Afrika Bambaataa & The Soul Sonic Force
* Armand Van Helden
* A-Trak
* B.o.B.
* Basement Jaxx
* BlakRoc
* Bobby Womack
* Bruno Mars
* Busta Rhymes
* Calvin Harris
* Chamillionaire
* Chic
* Chris Willis
* Clinton Sparks
* Colby O'Donis
* Daft Punk
* Damian Marley
* David Guetta
* Deadmau5
* Deee-Lite
* Dillinja
* Diplo
* Dizzee Rascal
* DJ Shadow
* Donna Summer
* Dr. Dre
* Drake
* Edwin Starr
* Eminem
* Estelle
* Flo Rida
* Gorillaz
* Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five
* Harold Faltermeyer
* House Of Pain
* Iyaz
* Jackson 5
* Janet Jackson
* Justice
* Kanye West
* Kaskade
* Kelis
* Keri Hilson
* Kid Cudi
* Kool & The Gang
* Lady Gaga
* Lil Jon
* Lil Wayne
* LL Cool J
* M.I.A.
* M|A|R|R|S
* Major Lazer
* Malcolm McLaren
* Mase
* Melle Mel & Duke Bootee
* Metallica
* Missy Elliott
* Mos Def
* MSTRKRFT
* N.O.R.E.
* Nas
* Nate Dogg
* Naughty By Nature
* Nelly
* New Boyz
* New Order
* Newcleus
* Nightcrawlers
* Orbital
* Pharoahe Monch
* Pirate Soundsystem
* Pitbull
* Puff Daddy
* Pussycat Dolls
* Rihanna
* Robin S.
* RZA
* Salt N Pepa
* Sam Cooke
* Sam Sparro
* Sean Paul
* Skibadee
* Sneaky Sound System
* Snoop Dogg
* Snow
* Soulja Boy Tell Em
* Sparfunk & D-Code
* Static Major
* Stevie Wonder
* Talib Kweli
* The Chemical Brothers
* The Crystal Method
* The Egg
* The Notorious B.I.G.
* The Prodigy
* Tiësto
* Tiga
* Timbaland
* Tweet
* Walter Murphy
* Warren G
* Wayne Smith
* Will.I.Am
* Yeah Yeah Yeahs
* Young Jeezy
[/blockquote]

Now we're just waiting on a track list to know exactly which songs from these artists will have made the cut. Well, we can probably assume that the Snow song is "Informer" [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StlMdNcvCJo] since it's not like he ever did anything else, yeah?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a "Bad Romance vs. Enter Sandman" mash-up, myself.

(via Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2010/07/14/dj-hero-2-108-mashed-up-artists-revealed/])

Spaceman_Spiff

Apr 16, 2009
Wow, this might actualy beat the first one in excellent soundtracks, disappointed no Kraftwerk though.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Outamyhead said:
Ooh, I'm gonna have to ignore that game, just like the prequel.
If you don't like the music, fine, but DJ Hero was actually a really, really good game and very unlike the current music games on the market. It's disheartening to hear people blasting people for not being innovative and then not supporting an effort to try something new.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
I saw 2Pac as the first artist, and decided that I'm definitely going to get it at some point.
The first one was innovative, fun, and in my opinion, better than any Rock Band or Guitar Hero game, and this one looks better than the first.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Honestly, I loved DJ Hero. I mean, it was something new and different in the sea of Guitar Hero and Rock Band and their clones. It was fun, the music was great, and it was challenging.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
John Funk said:
If you don't like the music, fine, but DJ Hero was actually a really, really good game and very unlike the current music games on the market. It's disheartening to hear people blasting people for not being innovative and then not supporting an effort to try something new.
I've been telling that to people for a long time... When I heard DJ Hero announced, I laughed at the idea. Then I actually played it and ended up buying it. I loved it. Everyone talks about how many crappy Guitar Hero games are out and how every game looks exactly the same... this is the game you've been looking for, people! It was creative and fun and even though I wasn't that big on the style of music at the time, it really grew on me and I ended up not only finding new artists that I liked, but it opened my eyes to a whole new kind of music.

Also, every single person who I've heard talk bad about DJ Hero has never played it. I've yet to hear someone who gave it a chance hate on it.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
ProfessorLayton said:
John Funk said:
I've been telling that to people for a long time... When I heard DJ Hero announced, I laughed at the idea. Then I actually played it and ended up buying it. I loved it. Everyone talks about how many crappy Guitar Hero games are out and how every game looks exactly the same... this is the game you've been looking for, people! It was creative and fun and even though I wasn't that big on the style of music at the time, it really grew on me and I ended up not only finding new artists that I liked, but it opened my eyes to a whole new kind of music.

Also, every single person who I've heard talk bad about DJ Hero has never played it. I've yet to hear someone who gave it a chance hate on it.
I dunno, I guess it's the music that doesn't seem to fit for me. I'm not much of a rap/hip hop/DJ/whateverthehell kind of music DJ Hero has kind of person. It does look interesting, but honestly I just don't feel the need to shell out some extra cash for yet another peripheral.

That and Activision (specifically Kotick) have been pissing me off lately, so I do my best to not support them.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
John Funk said:
Outamyhead said:
Ooh, I'm gonna have to ignore that game, just like the prequel.
I agree with you. I loved DJ Hero, great music, wonderful mechanics.
Far better than the played out Guitar Hero games.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
No Immortal Technique?

But they have Drake and Lady Gaga? Groan.

No sell.

Sorry, but if I'm going to buy a game based heavily around rap, and one of my top 3 rappers isn't in it, I'm not gonna bother with it. Tupac and Eminem being in it is tempting, and Prodigy and B.O.B. are a nice plus, but I need my IT. The first game was fun to borrow, which is probably what I'll do with this one. Nice try DJ Hero.

May 1, 2010
Just_A_Glitch said:
No Immortal Technique?

No sell.

Sorry, but if I'm going to buy a game based heavily around rap, and one of my top 3 rappers isn't in it, I'm not gonna bother with it. Tupac and Eminem being in it is tempting, and Prodigy and B.O.B. are a nice plus, but I need my IT. The first game was fun to borrow, which is probably what I'll do with this one. Nice try DJ Hero.
The fact that you're a fan of Immortal Technique should mean that you don't want him to sell out, which is half of his message.

I'm confused, do people actually know what they want these days or do they enjoy contradicting everything; even themselves?

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
No, Just Give The DJ A Break by Dynamix II?!?! There is just not enough techno for a gae called DJ Hero

Earthbound

Aug 13, 2008
I'll admit that I'm sad for the lack of Atmosphere. They've released songs in other games, like Trying to Find a Balance in Tony Hawk Underground 2. While that fact won't dissuade me from buying the game, I still think they would be great in it. Imagine playing this:

<spoiler=Yesterday><youtube=qEHTTFOwsDs>

Or even their older stuff:

<spoiler=Scapegoat><youtube=Z4zvYLxZuf8>

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Afrika Bambaataa, Notorious B.I.G, 2Pac, Dr. Dre, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, Daft Punk and Eminem may be enough reason to hear this game (yes, I meant to say "hear").

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
Don said:
Just_A_Glitch said:
No Immortal Technique?

No sell.

The fact that you're a fan of Immortal Technique should mean that you don't want him to sell out, which is half of his message.

I'm confused, do people actually know what they want these days or do they enjoy contradicting everything; even themselves?
So I'm not allowed to enjoy his music in different mediums? I would hardly consider it selling out if he had a song on DJ Hero. Maybe a whole game based around him, but that's another argument.

As for not knowing what I want, that's a load of bull. I know what I enjoy, and I know for a fact that I'd enjoy being able to play The Cause of Death or The Point of No Return in DJ Hero (though I seriously doubt they'd get The Cause of Death, due to its subject matter). I don't see how I'm contradicting myself.

You know, artists can reach out to people in many ways. A video game is one of them.