X-Men Director Wanted Twilight Star for First Class

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
X-Men Director Wanted Twilight Star for First Class

Bryan Singer says that he wanted to bring a little "Team Jacob" to X-Men: First Class.

There have been rumors circulating that Taylor Lautner, who played the werewolf Jacob in the Twilight movies, would appear in X-Men: First Class. Producer Bryan Singer has addressed those rumors, saying that they're not true, but he wishes they were.

Singer said that he wanted Lautner in the movie, but Lautner's filming schedule was just too full: "I wanted Taylor to do it, I really did," Singer said. "He's doing a movie in Pittsburgh called Abduction and then he's got the next Twilight movie. We talked about it a lot, he is a friend, and I really wanted to make it work. It just doesn't look like it's possible to do it."

The rumors suggested that Lautner would have played a young Wolverine, although as the character is over 150 years old, it seems unlikely that that was actually the case.

Singer was originally going to direct First Class, but was unable to due to his commitments to other movies, and the studio hired Kick Ass director Matthew Vaughn to take over. Singer stayed on as producer however and has remained involved in the casting decisions, a process that he describes as "fun."

X-Men: First Class is scheduled for release on June 3rd, 2011.

Source: Blastr [http://blastr.com/2010/07/bryan-singer-talks-to-us-about-those-taylor-lautner-x-men-rumors.php]

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Well thank god THAT didn't happen.

I don't know about everyone else, but I personally prefer to keep Twilight and X-Men faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar apart from each other.

Phenakist

Feb 25, 2009
If they had got ANYONE from twilight in that movie I would loose every single bit of respect I have for X-Men, no matter the incarnation.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Thank God Magneto!
The only shirtless wolf I want to see in a X-Man film is Hugh Jackman. And even there I'd prefer him to keep his clothes on.

ironmace2.0

The Names Hans Olo
Mar 15, 2009
Although I have never seen him act I have been told that he is quite good, but that said I dont think he could of played an X-men charcter and definetly not a young Wolverine.

And could someone tell me what X-Men:First Class is?

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
heard he is actually a decent actor. Cant say for sure since i haven't seen the twilight movies. No promise of sex, no watchy Twilight.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Phenakist said:
If they had got ANYONE from twilight in that movie I would loose every single bit of respect I have for X-Men, no matter the incarnation.
That seems a bit extreme. Its a film, it doesn't matter what else the actor had been in and how bad it was, as long as he does a good job in X-men.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Furburt said:
Well, I suppose it wouldn't be too bad. Taylor Lautner isn't a terrible actor, he's just in a terrible film series. Hell, I'd almost support giving the Twilight actors other film roles. I sort of feel sorry for them, because it's obvious how much they hate being in the movies.

Contractual obligations, eh? Gotta love em.
Thats true, Robert Pattinson's poor performance in those films are a direct result of his absolute hatred for them. You can actually see the pain on his face at times... He's not actually a half bad actor, and although I dislike him, that Taylor kid isn't bad either. It wouldn't have bothered me had he shown up in X-Men...

Speaking of which, more wolverine?... Seriously? Do we actually need more wolverine!??

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Quaxar said:
Thank God Magneto!
The only shirtless wolf I want to see in a X-Man film is Hugh Jackman. And even there I'd prefer him to keep his clothes on.
Has there been an X-men movie where he wasn't shirtless?

You know, I can't help but pity those kids. They're likely going to carry the Twilight titles until they die. Probably going to end up like Matthew Broderick or Tim Curry and just utterly ignore anyone who brings up Ferris Bueller's Day Off or Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Dommius

Aug 8, 2009
Raven said:
Speaking of which, more wolverine?... Seriously? Do we actually need more wolverine!??
I agree, we need more Deadpool, Bishop and Gambit... Hell, throw some Nightcrawler in there while you're at it.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
Actually that's sad, I sae the werewolf kid on SNL and he was actually really good. I mean in his opening act, he was doing karate and swinging a bo staff around, it was pretty badass. I was very impressed.

*shrug*

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
So glad that didnt happen...other wise it would have all been trashy romantic moments that mean nothing ><

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Steve5513 said:
Once you've been in a Twilight movie you are not allowed to act as Wolverine. I don't care if he is a good actor.
Pretty much this. I don't care how good of an actor Taylor Lautner is, the Twilight fans would probably go see X-Men and be screaming "IT'S JACOB!" and that would ruin it for me.

LightspeedJack

May 2, 2010
How would that work Hugh Jackman is white whereas Taylor Lautner is more tanned (native American?), besides the fact that he is a terrible actor. This would make it tottally obvious that Marvel is making all their franchise be about teenagers to bring in the Twilight/Harry Potter audience.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Jaredin said:
So glad that didnt happen...other wise it would have all been trashy romantic moments that mean nothing ><
Um, the reason Twilight is like that is the director's and Stephenie Meyer's fault. The guy is just doing his job, and that is acting. If he's a good actor, he would be able to play the X-Men role in a different tone.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Now i rarely condem an actor on a single preformance but even im wary about anyones skills after they stay with twilight for 3 movies so far and presumably the fourth as well.

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
Okay, I don't care if Taylor is in an X-Men movie or not, but man are they wringing this Wolverine thing to death. Now we get to see him as a kid? What?

Having grown up when Wolverine was this enigmatic mystery I don't think I care much for this whole, "let's dissect his history" craze. He was much more interesting when nobody, not even him, knew about his past.

Plus, it made for more interesting internet discussions. Marvel has gone and ruined the whole "Where did Wolverine come from?" threads.