Brit Tennis Star Beats PS3 Addiction, Gets Hooked on DS

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Brit Tennis Star Beats PS3 Addiction, Gets Hooked on DS

British tennis ace Andy Murray is back with his girlfriend after besting his crippling addiction to Modern Warfare 2, which he conquered by spending the DS for hours at a time.

Back in December [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/96464-Brit-Tennis-Star-Dumped-for-Playing-Modern-Warfare-2], we reported that British No. 1 Andy Murray had broken up with girlfriend Kim Sears over the tennis star's seven-hour-a-day obsession with Modern Warfare 2 and other PS3 games. "He would spend all his time glued to [videogames]," said a source close to the couple. "In the end she just got fed up with it."

Now, however, we're happy to report that according to the Daily Mail [http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1296064/Murray-girl-swap-SW19-tropical-paradise-spends-time-gym.html], Murray and Sears have gotten over their differences and are back together once again - and Murray has kicked his MW2 habit. The young couple was spotted on vacation in the Bahamas relaxing by the pool.

According to an observer, "[they] spent about two-and-a-half hours by the pool, she was reading her book and he spent most of that playing on his Nintendo DS."

So wait, he was lounging out with a mega-babe girlfriend by the pool in a tropical paradise, and spent the entire time playing his DS? Uh, not to be a Debbie Downer here, Ms. Sears, but I think it's entirely possible that your tennis-star boyfriend may have just replaced one addiction with another.

That's okay, though. I mean, Dragon Quest IX and Pokemon will get you pretty hooked. It's perfectly understandable.

(Via CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=256621])

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Obviously if you can manipulate you're very attractive girlfriend into letting you play a DS all day, you have yourself a keeper.
But I'm just wondering, isn't he supposed to be training for tennis, which happens to be his job, instead of playing videogames for 7 hours a day?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
He is a model for us all to follow! Who needs to be a professional tennis player when we have video games! =D

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Radeonx said:
Obviously if you can manipulate you're very attractive girlfriend into letting you play a DS all day, you have yourself a keeper.
But I'm just wondering, isn't he supposed to be training for tennis, which happens to be his job, instead of playing videogames for 7 hours a day?
4th best in the world and he reached the semi's of the last Wimbledon - apparently he can do both.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
That picture, is utterly hilarious. I can almost imagine him screaming right there: "YEEEEEAAAAAHHH 5TH PRESTIIIIIIGE!!!!!!!"

*ahem*

In all seriousness, I'm glad he got over that. I only played MW2 for around a week or so, when my cousin brought it up for a week, and I'll admit I was hooked as well.

I just hoped he doesn't buy Pokemon: HeartGold or SoulSilver for his DS. That's another addiction that I am currently battling...hehehe.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
give it a few days and he should be over it nothing game consoles and games lose their shine after awhile (at least for me) and if not just give him another console to get addicted to

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Woodsey said:
Radeonx said:
4th best in the world and he reached the semi's of the last Wimbledon - apparently he can do both.
Well, obviously not, because he hasn't won a championship yet.

May 1, 2010
Radeonx said:
Well, obviously not, because he hasn't won a championship yet.
So I take it you're the 4th best employee in your company, since you spend time on here?

If not perhaps you should go and educate yourself and become CEO of your company.

Nov 7, 2009
But MW2 sucks.

Am I the only one who realizes that? :/ Ah well. At least he's not playing it anymore. I don't understand how people get addicted to it at all.

Rayansaki

May 5, 2009
It makes sense, everyone knows the best way to beat a crack addiction is to start doing meth.

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
In reference to that picture, did he just prestige for the 10th time?

"FUCK YEAAAAA 10th PRESTIGE, TAKE THAT KIM"

Good caption right there.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Women, or DS...

Ultra-hot woman.

DS.

Girl.

Game.

[sub]Ok, so maybe I would make the same choice as him...[/sub]