World's Most Powerful Beer Bottled In Taxidermied Animals

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
World's Most Powerful Beer Bottled In Taxidermied Animals

Beer is a tasty treat for those old enough to enjoy it, unless perhaps it's encased in a dead squirrel.

Scottish brewing company BrewDog has come up with the most unique beer bottle type you'll ever see: a dead animal. Not only is its "End of History" beer the world's most powerful, but it also comes encased inside either a grey squirrel or a stoat (a small weasel). These aren't fake animals either; they're actual road kill.

End of History is described as a "blond Belgian ale" that has 55% alcohol content. Many beers run less than 5%, so this is quite a lot. Only 11 bottles are being made: 7 stoats priced at around $771 each and 4 grey squirrels priced at $1080. Snooze and you'll always lose, as all 11 bottles are already sold out.

BrewDog says End of History is "a perfect conceptual marriage between art, taxidermy and craft brewing. The bottles are at once beautiful and disturbing - they disrupt conventions and break taboos, just like the beer they hold within them." Every bottle comes with a certificate of authenticity. I seriously doubt that's necessary.

This is a pretty cool/extremely creepy and weird idea. End of History works well as a piece of art or an artifact to keep around, but I don't think I could take a sip of a beer when a dead animal is staring me in the face as I do it.

Source: BrewDog [http://www.brewdog.com/blog-article.php?id=341]

dududf

Aug 31, 2009

If you drink straight from the bottle, wouldn't you be kissing road kill?

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
konor77 said:
if there's 7 stoats and 4 squirrels then how is there 12 bottle's?
I was wondering that too, then I realized, I probably sleep better at night not knowing.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
I.. I'm not usually into this sick animal-trophy business, but I want one. Just to be able to pour myself a beer from a stoat.

Fusoiya

Mar 6, 2010
Owwww finnaly some use for squirrels :<(snap I went there, take that squirrel lovers! I gues)

Also, this is just weird, who would buy that anyway?

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
I don't know whether to laugh my arse off, be vaguely disturbed or try to find a bottle for myself.

Actually...where can I get some of that?

flaming_squirrel

Jun 28, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
(a small weasel)
Apologies for the rampant nit-picking, but a Stoat is larger then a weasel (if I remember correctly).

I really wonder if that would taste any good, not that curiosity could ever justify such a stupid price tag.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
I kind of fell sorry for the animals, using their bodies to encase beer. Feels kind of wrong, if not disrespectful.

Man can be really mess up sometimes.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
Damn, why couldn't I have been informed of this sooner. Owning that would have been awesome.

Blackmagic1515

Jul 6, 2009
That is very very disturbing. I can't ever see why you'd want to drink beer from inside a dead animal. It's just...wrong on sooo many levels.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
Holy shit! 55% alcohol. I can't imagine it would still be carbonated. It'd probably look and taste more like whiskey than anything. Sam Adams has to step up their game. Their 26% beer just won't cut it anymore.

Evil the White

Apr 16, 2009
Only the Scottish. If they're not deep-frying it, then they're finding a way to make it closer to 100% pure drinkable alcohol. (Don't kill me...)

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Starke said:
End of History is described as a "blond Belgian ale" that has 55% alcohol content. Many beers run less than 5%, so this is quite a lot. Only 11 bottles are being made: 7 stoats priced at around $771 each and 4 grey squirrels priced at $1080. Snooze and you'll always lose, as all 12 bottles are already sold out.
Still a bit of a problem there, sorry...

Anywho, this just seems completely mental. But also extremely awesome. 55% alcohol content? In a dead squirrel? It reminds me of the 'HISHE' Willy Wonka video, where he and the Oompa-Loompas think up the scary tunnel while completely wasted on chocolate (how chocolate can get you high is something that's better left unasked). Seems to me they were drunk when they thought it all up, as Furb said, which just makes me wonder, if they were drunk on something less potent when they imagined this, what will they think up next when they're drunk on this? I can't wait to see what's next, at any rate...