Wii Gets White GameCube Controller

Logan Frederick

Aug 19, 2006
Wii Gets White GameCube Controller

Nintendo plans a new GameCube controller to compliment the Wii's burgeoning library of games compatible with classic controls.

GoNintendo [http://gonintendo.com/?p=39892] discovered an update on Nintendo of Japan's official site that identifies a white GameCube controller underneath the section for various types of Wii controllers.

The site dates this recolored GameCube controller for sometime later this month at a price of ¥2000 ($20). For now, this offer will be Japan exclusive, but with the growing number of big-name titles (namely Super Smash Bros. Brawl) that purchasers often prefer playing with more traditional controls, a North American release isn't out of the question.

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
I prefer the Classic Controller to the Gamecube Controller. But then again, I'm playing Guilty Gear (a highly technical 2D fighting game) which plays much better with either a D-pad or an arcade joystick, but not an analogue thumbstick. And the Gamecube's D-pad is horrible, tiny, and not good for quarter-circle and half-circle motions.

It's great for other games though. Metroid Prime and Echoes were flawlessly designed for the 'cube controller.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Funny how it took a motion sensing gimmick to make people realise they loved the Gamecube the whole time...

Easykill

Sep 13, 2007
Ok, whatever. I don't know why people don't like the Wii-motes. It's pretty much like a regular controller divided in half, and you can get into way more comfortable positions.