PRIZE UPDATE: Zero Punctuation Celebrates 100,000 Facebook Fans With ZP T-shirts Giveaway

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
PRIZE UPDATE: Zero Punctuation Celebrates 100,000 Facebook Fans With ZP T-shirts Giveaway

Zero Punctuation now has over 100,000 Facebook fans! To celebrate, we are giving our Facebook fans a chance to win a ZP t-shirt [http://www.splitreason.com/product/578].

Zero Punctuation, The Escapist's groundbreaking videogame review series starring Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw, has been part of your Wednesday for almost three years. Thanks to all of our Zero Punctuation fans, the ZP Facebook fan page has broken 100,000 fans today! To celebrate this, we are going to give away 50 ZP t-shirts [http://www.splitreason.com/product/578] at random. To enter for your chance to win, here is what you must do:

If you aren't already a ZP Facebook fan, become one by clicking here [http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zero-Punctuation/7546255825] and then click on the "like" button at the top of the page.
Respond to our link about this giveaway on the ZP Facebook page, which can also be found here [http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zero-Punctuation/7546255825].
Include your Escapist username in your comment. You MUST post a comment to have a valid entry.
For example: "Zero Punctuation is why I wake up on Wednesday! Escapist Username = Spinwhiz"
You can post through Tuesday, August 3rd. Winners will be notified Wednesday, August 4th

Extra Entry!

If you would like to increase your chances of winning a t-shirt, tweet about today's video using this link - http://ow.ly/2hOz3 and these hashtags - #ZPfans #ESC.

As an example, your tweet may look like this: "Crackdown 2 gets reviewed on today's Zero Punctuation! http://ow.ly/2hOz3 #ZPfans #ESC"

Please remember to update your Escapist profile with your Twitter username, otherwise we won't be able to verify the extra entry.

RULES:

You must be a registered member of The Escapist. You can sign up for your free account by clicking here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/global/registration/register.php], or [fblogin]Sign in with Facebook[/fblogin].
You must be at least 13 years of age.
You must be currently residing in the United States or Canada.
Winners will have 24 hours to respond to our email or their entry will be void.

It is because of you, the fans, we are celebrating this momentous occasion, so once again, THANK YOU!

UPDATE

In an effort to include all ZP fans around the world, we have come up with something to give those ineligible to win a t-shirt. As of right now, all ZP fans not living in the US or Canada may follow the same rules as above and be entered into winning 1 of 50 limited edition ZP T-shirt badges for your profile!

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Please note, you MUST comment on the Facebook page under this announcement. Not in this thread.

UPDATE

In an effort to include all ZP fans around the world, we have come up with something to give those ineligible to win a t-shirt. As of right now, all ZP fans not living in the US or Canada may follow the same rules as above and be entered into winning 1 of 50 limited edition ZP T-shirt badges for your profile!

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
One thing that really bothers me. Yahtzee is an Englishman. He currently resides in Australia. And yet, this competition is, yet again, only open to people living in North America? Not only is that fairly silly and illogical anyway, but it's also completely unfair on everyone who isn't in North America. Normally I get annoyed when there are US-only contests on this site, but I shrug them off and forget about them. This one though? Completely unfair, and I'm exceptionally disappointed right now. It's always the same old story, every single time...

Blights

Feb 16, 2009
Spinwhiz said:
You must be currently residing in the United States or Canada.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

That rule in this competition like this is kind of fail, considering a good chunk of The Escapist reside elsewhere other than Canada and the US. I mean, I can see how getting the rewards to people might be difficult, but still.

EDIT: Ninja x4? New Record?

SeanTheSheep

Jun 23, 2009
Well this would be immensely fun if I lived in the United States or Canada, was here during the first half of August, and was prepared to actually make any exertion on my part in the slightest.

As it is, I'll just sit here and have fun while you North Americans have fun enjoying an Australian based, British born reviewrer.

EDIT: Oh dear escapist, you seem to have posted this at a time where British and otherwise outside of the US people are posting. How unfortunate for you to have the flaws in your competition's fairness pointed out...
At the time of writing this, 9 of the 14 comments here don't seem to like the location part very much...

PopperThingi

Mar 25, 2009
I'm getting all psyched on getting a shirt and then... US and Canada only. Bummer! C'mon, I'll pay for the shipment, I just want a shirt and to put a witty line on the Facebook page xP

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
Trivun said:
One thing that really bothers me. Yahtzee is an Englishman. He currently resides in Australia. And yet, this competition is, yet again, only open to people living in North America? Not only is that fairly silly and illogical anyway, but it's also completely unfair on everyone who isn't in North America. Normally I get annoyed when there are US-only contests on this site, but I shrug them off and forget about them. This one though? Completely unfair, and I'm exceptionally disappointed right now. It's always the same old story, every single time...
Took the words out of my mouth.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Trivun said:
I suppose the logic is that Yahtzee isn't personally making the T-Shirts in his flat in Australia.

As far as I can tell, Split Reason is an Canadian company, who produces all their T-Shirts in Canada, so the cost of shipping the T-Shirts to the UK or Australia would probably be disproportional compared to the value of the prize being offered.

I also suspect that some kind of American Customs laws regarding competitions and exporting prizes internationally has some bearing, and the Escapist being an American company probably already has to pay some levy or tax because they're offering a prize being being made by a Canadian company, rather than supporting the US T-Shirt industry.

International trade laws and politics make a lot of things seem unfair, but I'm sure they're completely logical if you really want to look into it.

Personally I don't like that fact I can't buy Region 1 DVD's and play them on my Region 2 DVD player, but I know there are reasons behind that which I can't change.