Take-Two Annouces Asian Expansion

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Take-Two Annouces Asian Expansion

Take-Two Interactive [http://www.take2games.com/] has announced plans for a major expansion into Asia, hiring a veteran industry executive to serve as president of the company's new overseas operation.

Hubert Larenaudie, who has extensive business experience in Asia and has previously held senior positions in that region with both Vivendi Games [http://www.ea.com], has been hired to serve as the company's new President for Asia. Based out of Singapore, Larenaudie's two priorities will be to expand distribution of Take-Two's games in the Asia-Pacific region, and to establish a "meaningful online game operation," with particular focus on China and Korea.

"Many of Take-Two's franchises, such as BioShock [http://www.rockstargames.com/iv]are international hits, and already have attracted large and enthusiastic fan bases in markets such as Japan, South Korea and China," Larenaudie said in a statement. "With the company's portfolio of leading brands, growing sports business, extraordinary creative talent and global appeal, I see exciting potential to build a significant Asia-Pacific business for Take-Two, with a particular emphasis on the online game segment of the market."

"Hubert Larenaudie is an experienced senior executive who has successfully built or expanded Asia-Pacific operations for prominent interactive entertainment and consumer goods companies," added Take-Two Executive Vice President Gary Dale. "His in-depth knowledge of the region; his skill in creating the right product development, distribution and marketing strategy for each local market; and his track record of driving growth will help Take-Two realize the tremendous opportunities in APAC."

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Ah...for some reason I was hoping this was an announcement for GTA: Hong Kong. Just dreaming of 'Hard Boiled' in a free roaming environment.

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
Its good to see the shareholders are getting their money's worth and TT are confident that they'll find off any outside attacks. The move is slightly unexpected at such a late stage; but props to 'em all.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
When I first read that I thought, man, GTA: Hard Boiled would absolutely kill, but then it struck me that what the world really needs is Hard Boiled: The MMOG. Could you imagine? Both solo and team-based gameplay where players could join a crime syndicate or the equally violent police, go undercover on either side, engage in massive team-based PVP battles, build (or bring down) empires, say shit like, "There is no room for failure now. The innocent must die!" all in a free-form city that simmers with intrigue through the day, and explodes in fire and bloodshed every night.

Oh god I think I need a moment alone

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Malygris said:
When I first read that I thought, man, GTA: Hard Boiled would absolutely kill, but then it struck me that what the world really needs is Hard Boiled: The MMOG. Could you imagine? Both solo and team-based gameplay where players could join a crime syndicate or the equally violent police, go undercover on either side, engage in massive team-based PVP battles, build (or bring down) empires, say shit like, "There is no room for failure now. The innocent must die!" all in a free-form city that simmers with intrigue through the day, and explodes in fire and bloodshed every night.

Oh god I think I need a moment alone
I wonder if all the doves flying around would slow down the servers...the only other downside would be people running out of liquor brands to name themselves after. Maybe switch to cigarette brands or just...y'know, kill people faster.