Film These Heroes!

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Film These Heroes!

With Comic-Con over, here are the comic books MovieBob would like to see filmed next.

Read Full Article

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
I realize there are way too few comics with female protagonists, but there are at least a couple of superheroines who have gotten their own series. You could at least have picked a few.

(granted, quite a few of them have been filmed already, and most of the movies were awful, but that's hardly the comic's fault)

Darktau

Totally Ergo Proxy
Mar 10, 2009
I want that glove, and death is a woman? Meh, whatever turns you on. (The thor movie looks a bit cheesy though :p)

SamElliot'sMustache

Oct 5, 2009
Bob, I'm surprised you didn't mention the Superman reboot that Christopher Nolan is involved with amongst the 2012 releases. I'd consider that a fairly big deal, too.

Blueruler182

May 21, 2010
Doc Strange and Luke Cage are already getting their own movies, if not as high budget as the avengers movies. And Marvel has already said they're going to do Pixar-esque short films before the movies doing lesser known heroes.

And you didn't mention the Young Avengers! If they're going to get some teen heroes off the ground there's no better way to do it than hooking onto the Avengers franchise, even if they're making the Runaways.

EDIT: All very good points, but I'd like to add a few more. Iron Fist (kung fu Marvel character should be enough of a selling point), Moon Knight (Batman of the Marvel universe, IE he's batshit crazy), Daredevil (Both Murdock and Bullseye deserve to have their good name returned), Ghost Rider (see previous). That's all I got right now.

Elesar

Apr 16, 2009
I'll agree with all of those except Dr. Stange(love?). The problem is, and this is present in the comics and several comic writers have said as much, Dr. Strange is so powerful and his abilities are so varied, it's hard for anything to feel threatening. This can sink a movie, and it's one the main problems with Superman to this day (I've done my urgency rant on this very site, so I'm not going into it again).

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Savage Land also means super-heroines in skimpy outfits.

Just imagine Anna Paquin in that get-up. Go ahead. I'll wait.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
No mention of Atomic Robo? Have you just not heard of it or something? Go read it! Now!

twm1709

Nov 19, 2009
if you want the savage land, I guess ka-zar or shanna might be suitable heroes (my personal vote is for the latter :drool:)

scarab7

Jun 20, 2009
Savage land I think is the only base where you can't make a movie of it alone, you'll need something else. Although I shell-out $12 to see Hulk fight a T-Rex, several T-Rexs would be even better.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
I remember Union Jack kicking the shit out of Captain America in an issue of the exiles. Though that's all I've seen of him. I did remember loving his costume though :D. Does seem like we Brits don't have many super hero's or sups that where born here. Those that where usually get there origins change (I'm looking at you Constantine... Your supposed to be Sting not Keanu Reeves). Even those written here (Judge Dredd) are American born and such... Would be nice to have a super hero movie based on a Brit hero.

That said... Yes I want a Green Arrow movie, I'm a big fan of Green Arrow and the only real live action version I've seen of him was in that episode of Smallvile and well... Just... No.

Also, I would like a new Punisher movie... Just please get some one decent to film it. We've had three films and they've all pretty much been flops. The first one had poor acting and had next to nothing to do with the punisher, the second they moved it to Florida and had The Punisher a cop while also being a bit of a pussy when compared to the guy in the comic (Specially the Garth Ennis version, though to be honest this version was still entertaining) and the third one was a little too hammy and over the top (While it was still probably the most accurate portrayal of the Punisher and had quite a good amount of references to the comics). I liked Thomas Jane as The Punisher and I think he'd make a brilliant Punisher with the right director and writer, heck in the Punisher video game they brought out he did a shit hot portrayal of him (Probably thanks to Ennis writing the games story and dialogue).

Get Garth to write the script and get, I don't know... Robert Rodriguez or some thing to direct it and there we go... A possible excellent Punisher movie.

Just Craig

May 21, 2010
Souplex said:
No mention of Atomic Robo? Have you just not heard of it or something? Go read it! Now!

Hell yes Atomic Robo!

...Oh, and instead of Union Jack can we have Lord Bravery?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9mzhrsmI-Q

WafflesToo

Sep 19, 2007
Doc Sampson FTW! I imagine it would be very "Tick-esque" and would be a great movie to follow "The Avengers".

Elesar

Apr 16, 2009
Just Craig said:
Souplex said:

Hell yes Atomic Robo!

...Oh, and instead of Union Jack can we have Lord Bravery?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9mzhrsmI-Q
I love, L-O-V-E Atomic Robo.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
I'm disappointed with the lack of a mention of Deadpool. Sure, he already has a movie being made, and he wasn't in Comic Con has far has I'm aware, but he's too cool to not mention when you talk about super heroes.

Phuctifyno

Jul 6, 2010
This is a great list, but ultimately too short... by that I mean endlessly expandable. I'd personally love to see a movie made of The Sentry.

For those who don't know, he was created by Marvel sometime in the last decade when they realized they didn't have an All-American All-Powerful hero to rival Superman (sorry, Cap, you can't fly). So in his origin they showed that he actually has been around all these years, but there's been a mass brainwashing imposed on all of the other super heroes to forget he ever existed. As he begins to regain his memories, he has flashbacks that are drawn/written in the comic styles of decades past. This would make a great movie because they could do the same thing spoofing how superheroes have been portrayed in movies over the years (eg. black & white, adam west era-ish camp, late 80's neon, etc...).

Tomtitan

Jun 7, 2010
I reckon Doctor Strange will get made. It might be what they do right after Avengers.

As for what I'd add to the list... am I wrong in thinking there's a Wonder Woman movie in the works? I'd like that. But who do I really want to see on the big screen? Blue Beetle. Hell. Yes. Perhaps WITH Booster Gold? That would be awesome.
"He's a man with technology from the future, he's a teenager with an alien bug on his back. They fight crime."

Because there aren't enough superhero buddy movies.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
ah, Atomic Robo (written by Brian Clevinger of 8-bit Theater fame). Anyway, comments:

Green Arrow: Might work, but the costume would be a tough sell. A bandanna might work, but the hat would be a no-go for the big screen

Doc Samson: That WOULD be hilarious (just like how the Deadpoll movie better be a comedy)

Booster Gold: Speaking of which, Blue Beetles could make a decent flick

Doctor Strange: Extradimensional beings might be a bit too exotic for people

Animal Man: Hmmmmm, just hmmmmmm

Union Jack: Too much of a ripoff of the Cap

Detective Chimp: THAT would never work, just like Howard the Duck never worked

Luke Cage: We do need more black superheroes

The Savage Land: Leave that to the cartoons

Ciran

Feb 7, 2009
I would love to see Runaways made into a film. Honestly, it's the series that finally made me get back into comics.