Thor Comic Con Trailer Unleashed Online

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Thor Comic Con Trailer Unleashed Online

Whosoever watches this trailer, if he (or she) be attentive, shall know some of the secrets of Thor.

If you were at San Diego Comic Con last week you might seen an extended trailer for Kenneth Branagh's upcoming Thor movie. For those of us who couldn't be there, the trailer has found its way onto the internet for us all to enjoy.

The trailer is over five minutes long and shows off small snippets of the plot, like Loki's rise to power and Thor trying to retrieve his hammer from a SHIELD installation. We also get a really good look at Asgard and the other Norse deities that appear in the movie.

Of all the Marvel movies, Thor is probably the trickiest to do, because unlike something like Iron Man or Captain America, it as much a fantasy movie as it is a superhero movie. But from the trailer, Asgard is looking pretty spectacular and "real world" sections seem to have a sense of humor to them, which should make them fun to watch. The trailer sadly can't be embedded, so click here [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwXd9c4BShA] to watch it.

Thor stars Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman and Anthony Hopkins and opens in theaters In May.

Source: Blastr [http://blastr.com/2010/07/1thor-trailerst.php]

Stilt-Man

Dec 31, 2009
I was very skeptical when I heard there was going to be a Thor movie. Now, I'm... cautiously optimistic. And holy crap, it's Destroyer! Sweet!

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Wow it looks like its going to be a really good movie.

Now we have to wait and see how the Captain America movie is going to hold up.

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
Looks better than I was expecting. Still don't like the costumes though. This might seem like blasphemy to some, but the electric hobo look of Ultimate Thor looks better than the regular Marvel Thor with the block of concrete on a stick hammer for me.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Thats looks epic! Plus, anything with Anthony Hopkins is always golden!

Generic_Dave

Prelate Invigilator
Jul 15, 2009
I dunno, looks a bit naff to me. Like a Sy-Fy tv-movie but with blockbuster graphics...they don't even use "Odinspeak"!

GoGo_Boy

May 12, 2010
Dunno if it requires you to be a Thor fan in order to like this but...
woah that looked very lame to me. I mean very, very lame. Especially the generic explosions here and there.

Then again it ain't easy to make a really good movie out of these things, so dunno.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
I had mixed opinions watching that trailer, seemed a bit too fantasyish with knights in armour and all.

Then that robot thing came on at the end and suddenly Marvel are as amazing as ever! Can't wait to see it. They can't afford to take themselves too seriously when they're talking about magic and stuff, and it looks like they have the right balance :p

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
Jesus Phish said:
The only thing I dislike is his hammer. It's too small and foamy/plastic looking
It has to be small, it's part of Norse mythology. When the dwarves made it as a gift for Thor, Loki distracted them during the forging, so they fucked up and made the handle too short.

MasterSteef

Mar 3, 2010
I love Thor's "FUCK YOU" look to Agent Coulson, Thor is NOT the kind of guy you want to piss off! ;)

On a side note, I wonder if Thor is going to throw his hammer in order to fly (like he does in the comics)?