Sackboy Does Limbo

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Sackboy Does Limbo

If wonderfully atmospheric XBLA platformer Limbo starred Sackboy, it would look something like this.

Limbo is one of the hottest Xbox 360 games this summer, because it's for almost two years now [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/7900-Review-Limbo]. So this begs the question: What happens if you put a great Xbox 360 exclusive and a great PS3 exclusive together?

Apparently, you get "Limbo, Son of the Forest," a LittleBigPlanet map made by PS3 artiste Bra2008. Even without the name, this LBP level makes its inspiration more than obvious - from the bear traps on the ground to the monochrome color palette overlaid on the whole thing.

Really, it's impressive how accurately the creator nailed the Limbo aesthetic. It must be hard work to turn the adorable floppy-tongued Sackboy into something that fits into the haunting, minimalist and bleak world of Limbo, but they took one hell of a stab at it. I didn't even know you could make Sackboy look like that. Nicely done!

(via Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5600511/little-big-planet-does-limbo])

FallenTraveler

Jun 11, 2010
OH. MY. GOD.
MUST PLAY!

this looks really freakin awesome, and I think it is immensely cool to see that someone could MAKE a replica of an awesome game like limbo... this is really something else

Khakionion

Sep 17, 2007
When will LBP ripoffs of other games stop getting blogged by major news sites? Wasn't it enough to see Contra, Mario, Metal Gear Solid and other noteworthy games ripped off and lobotomized ad infinitum? Hasn't an interesting original level been made in LBP that's worth your time and ours?

I guess what I'm asking is: Yes, LBP can be used to make games. This is not news. Why is a copy of Limbo more noteworthy than anything made closer to Day 1 of LBP's release?

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
I wonder if it disappoints Media Molecule and United Front Games when the tools they created for LBP and Modnation are only ever used to recreate other games, instead of showing individual creative sides like they originally intended.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Truly-A-Lie said:
I wonder if it disappoints Media Molecule and United Front Games when the tools they created for LBP and Modnation are only ever used to recreate other games, instead of showing individual creative sides like they originally intended.
honestly, the best levels out there are not recreations.

Dusk17

Jul 30, 2010
It didn't look as challenging as Limbo. The first time I played Limbo I died all the time.