Fable III Delayed On PC, Still Groovy on Xbox 360

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Fable III Delayed On PC, Still Groovy on Xbox 360

Microsoft says Fable III will be saving PC gaming a bit later than originally planned.

A quick recap: First, Fable was released for the PC as well as the Xbox. Fable II, on the other hand, was a console-exclusive title. Then, it its unwavering support of PC gaming [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100682-Does-the-Fable-III-Box-Art-Confirm-a-PC-Version].

Today, Microsoft confirmed to IGN [http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/110/1109940p1.html] that the PC version of Fable III (and presumably said unwavering support of PC gaming) would be delayed. The Xbox 360 version, however, is still set to be released on October 26th. This appears to be a recent decision, as Lionhead boss Peter Molyneux had previously confirmed that the game would launch simultaneously on Xbox 360 and PC back in June.

"The console and PC versions are now on different schedules as we're focusing on building experiences optimized for each platform," said the software giant. "We aren't announcing a ship date for the PC SKU at this time, but expect news soon."

So there you have it, folks - you'll have to wait just a little bit longer for Fable III to mark Microsoft's returned commitment to PC gaming. Hopefully it'll be all the better for the wait - maybe they'll let you spawn your Fable III character on PC as the child of your Fable II character on Xbox 360. Hey, that Xbox Live/Games For Windows Live cross-functionality has to be good for something, right?

(IGN [http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/110/1109940p1.html])

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
This doesn't surprise me at all. PC gamers are once again being shafted in order to better pander to the console audience.

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
id love to think they wanted to make it more refined for PC as console gamers just wanna play it and be done with it...maybe some mod tools or something...

but id imagine MS just paid them to release later on PC :/

Thealchemistofwhite

Jun 8, 2010
I'm assuming that it will be just a port and we will not get the people maker, DLC, or any support like Saints Row 2...

Even though I am an avid PC gamer I will probably pick up the console version because everyone knows, Don't believe what Peter Monyleux says. Ever.
Although this does have the potential to be a go- NO *smacks self* Bad Alchemist!! Don't believe him wait until it comes out!

Only 1.4 Million around the world? Are you sure you didn't leave out Korea in which the entire country picked up a copy?

Oh also inb4 that picture of PC gaming dying.

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
Aww...well on the plus side, guess I can rent the 360 version while I wait and check out any differences.

Elec0

The Master of Fractals
May 29, 2009
I hope it's good. I missed playing Fable II because I don't have a console, so I'm excited.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Who honestly didn't see this coming a billion miles away?
I had a feeling this'd happen even BEFORE it was announced it'd be released for the PC.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Ah well, The Lost Chapters was much better on the PC anyways. We didn't get suckered into buying the same game twice just to get a few hours extra content like the Xbox people.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Oh no!

What will we do whilst we wait for Microsoft to save us from our doom?! Will they still be able to make it in time?! I do hope so, because what I've been thinking for ages is that what we need to save PC gaming is a the sequel to an incredibly mediocre-at-best game to be put on the platform, by a company who's last attempt at "saving" us was a program that blocked us from playing games because it was so broken.

Please Microsoft, hurry!

Pandora92

Apr 2, 2010
Doesn't surprise me at all, but you win 10 cookies for that last concluding paragraph. ;)

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
well im getting it for the 360 anyway due to crappy p.c syndrome!

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Why would PC gamers be interested in Fable 3 when they missed out on Fable 2? I personally hate playing a game series when I am forced to miss one out in the middle.

I know Fable isn't exactly known for its story but PC gamers will obviously lose the ability to transfer info from their non-existant Fable 2 save file, as we Xbox owners will be able to do apparently. It just feels like a bit of a hollow victory and I'm not a PC gamer.

I've never understood this whole PC/Console war thing anyway, especially between Xbox and PC, the money all goes to Microsoft anyway. Making a game exclusive to the Xbox seems like Microsoft shooting themselves in the foot.