Chronicles of Cataclysm: The Lost Isles

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Chronicles of Cataclysm: The Lost Isles

The second half of the goblin starting experience in Cataclysm is a streamlined story experience.

Read Full Article

Theogrim

Nov 23, 2009
You can experience the goblin starting area from Kezan to Azshara here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWg-JPI57PA

Creamygoodness

Aug 9, 2010
I hope you are incorrect about Blizz wanting the all the starting areas to be single player. One of the things I credit as making the Conan MMO a POS is the single player begining. I feel that people learning help each other is best when your just figuring out the game.

Cadapalo

Jun 8, 2010
Creamygoodness said:
I hope you are incorrect about Blizz wanting the all the starting areas to be single player. One of the things I credit as making the Conan MMO a POS is the single player begining. I feel that people learning help each other is best when your just figuring out the game.
I feel the opposite about this. I think its better for a new player to get a grasp on their character at the early stages of the game before working together with someone. The last thing I would want is to be grouped with someone who still doesn't know how to use their spells properly or to defend themselves when things might go awry.

Moriarty

Apr 29, 2009
aw, you didn't mention those "great ideas" you get from drinking the goblin cola.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Grahav said:
Damn you Candy Cane. Damn you to the volcanic dephts of hell.
Ya seriously. Why did she tempt me with her Christmas outfits? WHY!?

BioTox

Nov 19, 2009
Man, I want to be in the Cata Beta... I got into SC2 but not Cata... Why Blizzard? Why?! From everything I've seen on here, I am going to have to start another alt. After almost 4 lvl80s, I'll probably just do the start area and delete the toon. LoL Who's with me? =P

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Every time I see the goblin stuff, it makes me annoyed that Alliance got such a boring character type.. If some goblins stopped being neutral, then Panderans should have too. Oh well, its not like I can stomach playing and grinding another alt anyway XD

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
Creamygoodness said:
Umm... WoW is ONLINE. You seem to assume there are decent people online. My trial in retail WoW was shit. Assholes bitching at me for doing the same quests as them and taking their stuff, and lvl 80s harassing the newbie towns.

Nurb said:
Every time I see the goblin stuff, it makes me annoyed that Alliance got such a boring character type.. If some goblins stopped being neutral, then Panderans should have too. Oh well, its not like I can stomach playing and grinding another alt anyway XD
Goblins were always with the horde. They were just smart enough to take alliance money too. And besides, alliance has had gnomes from the beginning. Goblins and gnomes were the same thing at first, just different colors

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
Been watching some videos from the goblin areas and I really hate them.

I have nothing against steam punk and all that, but Goblins are just way to cheesy and way to over the top.

No give me a worgen any day, horrible British accent or not.

Creamygoodness

Aug 9, 2010
Fr said:
anc[is]

Umm... WoW is ONLINE. You seem to assume there are decent people online. My trial in retail WoW was shit. Assholes bitching at me for doing the same quests as them and taking their stuff, and lvl 80s harassing the newbie towns.
Your trial being shitty was your fault. I had that moment with the whole doing the same quest as someone else. And instead of getting in a pissing match with the other person about kills I invited the person to my group. The quests went faster and the game was more fun because we learned to work together at a low level.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
May be a dumb question, but if the Goblin starting zone is all phased, then how will non-goblins get in to do the quests for Bilgewater rep? I want my tauren to be driving that Go-Kart, man.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
Creamygoodness said:
Your trial being shitty was your fault. I had that moment with the whole doing the same quest as someone else. And instead of getting in a pissing match with the other person about kills I invited the person to my group. The quests went faster and the game was more fun because we learned to work together at a low level.
No it wasn't. I consciously did not join that pissing match, didn't make it any less unpleasant. In a perfect world I would agree with your ideas. But I respectfully don't want to get into an argument with you over what boils down to personal taste.

Creamygoodness

Aug 9, 2010
Fr said:
anc[is]
Creamygoodness said:
No it wasn't. I consciously did not join that pissing match, didn't make it any less unpleasant. In a perfect world I would agree with your ideas. But I respectfully don't want to get into an argument with you over what boils down to personal taste.

Fair enough.