Stolen Pixels #220: Guilt Wars 2

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #220: Guilt Wars 2

If you thought other developers shot for the stars, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Read Full Article

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Poor Shamus, he's finally given in to the hype of something.

What a weak human bei-OMGANEWBIOSHOCKGAMEISCOMINGOUTIHAVETOPREORDERRIGHTNOW!

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
That was awesome. "They will collect their dead in real time, and hold funeral comforting the widows, and swear vengance on YOU, the player!"

Imagine if a game did that? Be kind of crazy. I hope you've given game developers an idea that snowballs here Seamus.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Hubilub said:

Bioshock Infinite looks fucking amazing, shame it's not due out until 2012. When we'll all be dead.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
if the pixels are hand painted wont all the graphics look like this Oblivion quest?http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:A_Brush_with_Death

Giftmacher

Jul 22, 2008
Well I'm always hopeful that someone is going to do something interesting and new with MMOs, ArenaNet have my full support and best wishes... er with the caveat: I'm expecting to be disappointed :D

Gift.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Innovation? In my games industry?

It's more likely than you think!

Now that I got that meme out of the way...well, I'm hard pressed to say I care about Guild Wars 2. Not because I have some sort of irrational hatred of MMOs but rather, they fail to interest me. So in a way, it seems like I will be missing out on something really interesting.

It's almost a shame..

Well, back to playing my mindless space marine shooters until somebody actually adds something significant to the genre!

*Sigh*

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Hubilub said:

Bioshock Infinite looks fucking amazing, shame it's not due out until 2012. When we'll all be dead.
Someone may want to have a word with you about that... [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/2012+Wont+Happen]

I've never played Guild Wars. Please refrain from calling me a heretic, and hanging me by my toes.

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
Guild Wars is and will always be my MMO. It's about the only one out there that I can actually say I own, that I don't have to pay someone else for the privilage of playing after I've paid a months worth of my car insurance already to get. Even if it is just a clone of the first guild wars, I'll be happy with it.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
To be honest, when I first read the comic I though it was bitter cynicism in the guise of Irony, because I played a trial version of the first guild wars and it was a load of ass. The sequel (or at least it's goals) sound really exciting though, I'm very intrigued...

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
"while you're *relaxing* offline"

Also, is that a jab at Mass Effect 1/2 in your comments section?

itf cho

Custom title? Bah! oh wait...
Jul 8, 2010
hmm... nice column, but it needed more Ree Soesbee, and less anyone else.

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
A MMO without grind is less likely than an honest lawyer turned politician in a sexless marriage(oh yeah, a decent analogy, finally!)

Also, I never played Guild Wars, I usually only play completely f2p mmos like Maplestory and Perfect World. But maybe if this one turns out to be good, I might check it out

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
If this could actually come true, it'd be like Cake and Blowjobs everyday in the game industry. Now I'm interested in how they're going to do it. I, for the life of me, can't stand Warcraft for the reasons you state. It's like they're Microsoft and Google the upstart is about to take them down.

Remzer

Provider of Nutrients
Jul 29, 2009
itf cho said:
hmm... nice column, but it needed more Ree Soesbee, and less anyone else.
This.

Although I AM interested in guild Wars.

Ree Soesbee. And again. Seriously.

This Stolen Pixels is now diamonds!