New Prince of Persia Game Likely in the Works

Junaid Alam

Apr 10, 2007
New Prince of Persia Game Likely in the Works

Jordan Mechner, creator of the games that revived the Prince of Persia franchise, has trademarked a new property for the series.

Titled "Price of Persia Prodigy," the trademark registration was preceded by Ubisoft's registration of the domain name, princeofpersiaprodigy.com, by two weeks.

Ubisoft published the last three titles, beginning with the widely lauded adventure platformer, Price of Persia: The Sands of Time.

Neither Mechner nor Ubisoft have offered official comment, but speculation is leaning toward a tie-in with the upcoming movie based on the same property, to be directed by Mike Newell.

Source: Ars Technica [http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2008/04/23/mechner-trademarks-new-prince-of-persia-title]

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Prodigy? Really? I mean...okay. Sure. That could work. I think I could say it four times fast.

Really?

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
Who cares 'bout the name. I just want another Sand Of Time league game, not some wishy-washy Warrior Within title.

- A procrastinator

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Well, I can't wait to see what they do with this. I hope they don't screw it up. I wonder if it really will tie into the movie. Who knows, we might get a decent game/movie combo for once.