InFamous 2 Move Support Could Electrify Fingertips

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
InFamous 2 Move Support Could Electrify Fingertips

The PlayStation Move website may have revealed support of the peripheral by InFamous 2.

Sony has been pushing PlayStation Move support of games like InFamous 2 [http://www.amazon.com/SOCOM-4-U-S-SEALs-Playstation-3/dp/B002ELCV00/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1283115431&sr=8-1].

The perhaps ice [http://www.amazon.com/Infamous-Playstation-3/dp/B000ZK7ZOE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1283115922&sr=1-1-spell] for the sequel). Move support is possibly an exciting prospect for InFamous 2 as it would put these powers in the hands of the player.

Sony recently sent out a message through the company Twitter account [http://twitter.com/SONY] that read: "Everything you need to know about PlayStation Move," followed by a link to the Move website. Listed amongst the "Move featured" games is InFamous 2, a game for which Move support has not yet been announced.

The listing could be a mistake, or wishful thinking, or an actual reveal. InFamous developer Sucker Punch is already working with Move for the PlayStation 3's Sly Cooper [http://www.amazon.com/Sly-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B003O680RM] titles remastered in HD that will support Move for mini-games. It previously has stated that it's unsure about supporting Move for InFamous 2, however. InFamous 2 won't be released for a while still, with some retailers guessing mid-2011 at the earliest, so Sucker Punch could have enough time to code it in.

Source: Destructoid [http://www.destructoid.com/infamous-2-getting-move-support-according-to-sony-site-182617.phtml]

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
oooh, a sly collection, I loved those games, they are funny.
Seriously though, I hope they make it optional to use the move, don't wanna pay extra for the glowing ping pong paddels just so I can play inFamous2 =/

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
If they can get it to work for SOCOM, they can get it to work for inFAMOUS 2.

Also, is he bald in the picture? It's hard to tell.

Calumon: But I don't wanna move! I'm happy sitting where I am!

faspxina

Feb 1, 2010
Jack and Calumon said:
If they can get it to work for SOCOM, they can get it to work for inFAMOUS 2.

Calumon: But I don't wanna move! I'm happy sitting where I am!
yeah, after some complaints, they redesigned him again to look more like the first game

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I doubt that they'll make it mandatory because I doubt that Move will sell very well. You can't make a big game like this only playable on Move... I can't see that ending well.

But when I read the title, I was hoping that it meant that when you shoot electricity it would actually shock your hands.

ArchBlade

Pointy Object Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2008
Aha, after finding a couple pictures, it also seems like they redid his appearance once more for Infamous 2. Good, he actually looks like Cole now, rather than Nathan Drake.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
He looks like he just keeps it shaved real low like it was in the original.(When you got more evil/inFamous your growingly pale skin showen the short hair better.)

I'm sure they'll have it set-up to work with or without PS Move since they didn't announce this during Move's E3 or anything so a full conversion would kinda be shooting themselves in the foot anyway.

bawkbawkboo1

Nov 20, 2008
This is quite a coincidence, I just took a break from my second playthough of inFamous 1. Having a hell of a time defeating Kessler this time. I think that the sequel has the potential to be AWESOME. The first one was really only held back by it's severe lack of technical refinement. Things like clipping issues, sub-par graphics, poor facial/body animation on NPCs, some weird jumping glitches (like when Cole inexplicably fails to grab a ledge you aim for), and so-so draw-distance. One time I swear I clipped through a train when I got blasted across the tracks, and got up on the other side. But the comic book style really worked well, and the powers that you got were legitimately useful and awesome. The lightning power was probably one of the best uses of the SIXASIS's accelerometer I've seen Hopefully the move support will be optional, I don't want to have to buy new controllers.

Colonel Alzheimer's

Jan 3, 2010
Blah blah blah, Move rumors, whatever, Sly cooper re-release-
Wait.
A MOTHERFUCKING SLY COOPER RE-RELEASE!
Holy shit! I might buy a PS3 for that.

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
Jack and Calumon said:
Don't take this the wrong way, but how is it hard to tell? If you can't see, in that picture right there, that he's sporting a close-cropped army cut, you should maybe think about a trip to the optometrist.

faspxina said:
yeah, after some complaints, they redesigned him again to look more like the first game
Complaints are why they changed him in the first place. The second wave of criticism was more like a crusade for aesthetic justice against focus-tested idiocy.

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
AfterAscon said:
For the love of Croc it better be optional!
After Lair I'm absolutely positive there's a Sony directive about options for motion controls.

And I liked Lair.

IamSofaKingRaw

Jun 28, 2010
AfterAscon said:
For the love of Croc it better be optional!
Sony said a whiie back tht games that support the Move can be played either with the Move or the Dual Shock 3. I actually randomly thought that they should do tis while playing my first playthrough of InFamous last week. Might pick up the Move around Christmas time along with MAG s i can get some practice aiming with it in time for Killzone 3.

Calendor1

Oct 22, 2008
People stop complaining! If there is any Move support it will be optional! There is no way they wouldn't have announced it yet if it was Move only. Besides, it says move FEATURED, not REQUIRED, there are two lists. The move will be optional.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Y'know, if this is true, it would be interesting to see how many people actually play the game with Move...

Oh, and this:

ProfessorLayton said:
But when I read the title, I was hoping that it meant that when you shoot electricity it would actually shock your hands.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
V8 Ninja said:
Y'know, if this is true, it would be interesting to see how many people actually play the game with Move...

Oh, and this:

ProfessorLayton said:
like wise or at least it was going to shock you hands or make your fingers tingle as if electricity were going through them....well more electricity to the point of where u can feel it.

oranger

May 27, 2008
Sooo...how would one play a building hopping, lightning/ice shooting game without accidentally y'know, shooting your lightning while trying to climb a building, for example?
Am I gonna have to hop from left/right to side jump on a building-face? because I could get hurt doing that as my apartment is small.
I just can't see it telling the difference between pointing at an enemy to shoot a bolt of lightning and pointing at an enemy to shoot a bolt hammer (or even just me moving about)...