Tron: Evolution Collector's Edition Includes Fancy Light Cycle

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Tron: Evolution Collector's Edition Includes Fancy Light Cycle

Have you ever wanted a sweet-looking model of the iconic Tron light cycle? Do you have $130? I think we can reach some sort of deal here.

Fact: The Tron Light Cycle is one of the most iconic methods of transportation in all of nerddom right up there with the Millennium Falcon, KITT, and the Batmobile.

Fact: The December 7 release of Tron: Evolution - the videogame prequel to the long-awaited Tron: Legacy sequel - will likely have old-school nerds saving up cash in anticipation.

Conjecture: Someone should make a collector's edition of Tron: Evolution that includes a light cycle! It'd sell like crazy!

Wait, my bad - someone already is. Disney Interactive Studios announced today that it would be shipping a collector's edition of Tron: Evolution to stores alongside the plain vanilla game. Naturally, said collector's edition will include an awesome-looking model of the light cycle, as well as a special display case (so your light cycle remains in mint condition) that doubles as a storage deck for the actual game.

Unfortunately, it also will carry a price tag of $129.99, which feels a bit steep - even though that is one slick-looking model.

Vladamir69

Dec 18, 2008
Yea looks cool, but it would be better if it was remote controlled. I still think that The Fallout New Vegas has the most bang for the buck.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
The following declaration will come as a surprise to exactly no-one who knows me:

WAAAANNNNNNTTTTTTTT.

Daemascus

WAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!
Mar 6, 2010
I got to say the new Tron movie looks much better than the old one. And the light cycle looks bad ass...

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Daemascus said:
I got to say the new Tron movie looks much better than the old one. And the light cycle looks bad ass...
Though the original holds up surprisingly well for such an antique.

Woem

May 28, 2009
As long as it's not in plastic, and scratched. Like other such icon weaponary such as the batarang for instance.

GoGo_Boy

May 12, 2010
Hmm I don't know much about Tron but... is this move/game all about spinning light-circles? oO

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
It better come with a hell of a lot more than that cheap looking toy to justify being worth more than twice the price of the game alone. Companies really need to get back to the days when CEs were 20 dollars or so more than the regular title and were somewhat close to being worth the actual money.

Hell for that price I could buy two copies of the game and still have ten dollars left over to buy a couple of the inevitable Tron Themed Happy Meals and probably get a similar looking toy car.

Rainforce

Apr 20, 2009
I think they're officially milking the franchise now (again, haha).
Not only that Tron Revolution has absolutely nothing to do with the original in terms of design and plot quality thanks to overpowered badassarization (worthless in my book), theyre now also giving out CEs for insane prices. it makes me cry.

...........................on the other hand, damn it, I hope im totally wrong with that :/
A good Tron game would be awesome. but the trailers are not convincing >_>

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
Why do I have the feeling that the inevitable 19.99 Light Cycle toy will be 10X as good as this CE version?

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
I must get this. *sigh* so much money to spend in such a short time frame. Curse you video game collector editions! *shakes fist*

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
To be 'fair' I will be offering a $500 uber-version of my own game for those who do no accept Evolution called "TRAN: Intelligent Design".

It shall include a bible and a choose your own adventure book.

Ildecia

Nov 8, 2009
too bad i dont own a PS3... (if they're making this for other systems don't shoot me for saying this)

and Collecters/Special Editions are great... if they're under 100 bucks in my opinion

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Screw selling a model, they should just make a real one, sell it for 1,000,000 and I bet they would still make crap ton of sales and earn a better profit :p

blarghblarghhhhh

Mar 16, 2010
fact: bears eat beets; bears, beets, battlestar galactica.

on topic: it looks cool but I doubt I will throw down that kind of money for it. the bioshock 2 collectors eddition was worth it to me because i collect records apparently everyone else thought it was crap though.